Don't get no better than this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Tom, I was happy to do it. It is hard enough anymore to meet someone who is just a plain decent guy. I have only had real respect for a very small group of guys in my life, my grandad being tops in that group. So even if Tommy hadn't already done so much for me I woulda still wanted to show my appreciation. His shop has always been open to me ( for me to do my projects or just watch and learn) and he goes out of his way to save the things he knows I am interested in when they come in and never hassles me when I come to him needing to order MORE obsolete parts. He is a good guy and I know he has tried to help others on this site too. I am glad he is around. Also I never met someone who liked "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" more than me, now that's taste.:)

BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
Tom, I was happy to do it. It is hard enough anymore to meet someone who is just a plain decent guy. I have only had real respect for a very small group of guys in my life, my grandad being tops in that group. So even if Tommy hadn't already done so much for me I woulda still wanted to show my appreciation. His shop has always been open to me ( for me to do my projects or just watch and learn) and he goes out of his way to save the things he knows I am interested in when they come in and never hassles me when I come to him needing to order MORE obsolete parts. He is a good guy and I know he has tried to help others on this site too. I am glad he is around. Also I never met someone who liked "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" more than me, now that's taste.:)

While I've never had the pleasure of meeting the man in person, the conclusions I've drawn of him run parallel to yours.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
We have all heard and i've seen first hand what some of these customers of Tommy are capable of as far as operator ineptitude and we all get a kick out of it when we hear about someone who brought in a saw with the chain on backwards then asks "why don't ma saw cut?". The part we don't hear about too much but I do get to see sometimes is the part where Tommy sets them straight bluntly but then educates them and sends then out educated instead of insulted and less likely to get hurt or dammage an expensive piece of equipment.

Last edited:
BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
We have all heard and i've seen first hand what some of these customers of Tommy are capable of as far as operator ineptitude and we all get a kick out of it when we someone who brought in a saw with the chain on backwards then asks "why don't ma saw cut?". The part we don't hear about too much but I do get to see sometimes is the part where Tommy sets them straight bluntly but then educates them and sends then out educated instead of insulted and less likely to get hurt or dammage an expensive piece of equipment.

I'm sure and he has a great sense of humor also. However, we best lay off the accolades. If his head swells any bigger, even with that doo, he'll need a comb over.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm sure and he has a great sense of humor also. However, we best lay off the accolades. If his head swells any bigger, even with that doo, he'll need a comb over.

Don't worry, once that doo-glue hardens it is like a clamp on his head and will allow no expansion. So his choice of hairstyle forces him to be humble :biggrinbounce2:

spacemule

spacemule

The Peanut Gallery
Don't worry, once that doo-glue hardens it is like a clamp on his head and will allow no expansion. So his choice of hairstyle forces him to be humble :biggrinbounce2:
Yeah, true. But all that pressure has to go somewhere, and it will either stick his gut out or take the other way out and add a little more wind than he's already making. :cheers:

Scandy14

Scandy14

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.

+1 Tom is an A Number One kinda guy. He has helped me out many times. Great guy with a good heart. Only wished that I lived closer by, so that I could visit.

belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
attachment.php

The only thing Tom's place is missing is a fridge with some cool beer in it. Come to think of it, I can really imagine sitting myself on that bar stool and have a cool one, shoot the bull with Hoss and some nice female customers and listen to Elvis music, posting on AS with that handy pc of his, ... while Tom is fussing about trying to put an 020T together.... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
The only thing Tom's place is missing is a fridge with some cool beer in it. Come to think of it, I can really imagine sitting myself on that bar stool and have a cool one, shoot the bull with Hoss and some nice female customers and listen to Elvis music, posting on AS with that handy pc of his, ... while Tom is fussing about trying to put an 020T together.... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

Now THAT sounds like a purty good day.:cheers:

Tman2381

Tman2381

ArboristSite Lurker
Hey guys lets see where everyone else works on there saws Post the pics. I only moved to my house a year ago, My shop is far from the way I'd like to have it... for one there's only two outlets in it and there the farthest from the bench. I'll post pic later.

BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey guys lets see where everyone else works on there saws Post the pics. I only moved to my house a year ago, My shop is far from the way I'd like to have it... for one there's only two outlets in it and there the farthest from the bench. I'll post pic later.

I work on my saws near where I work on guns and reload. With 9 reloading presses in the back ground, safes, vaults, animal heads and all the other extraneous B.S. the pictures would look like a Sci-Fi movie set. I must say though, it is neat and organized.

BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite

I really like it!! Nice shotgun. CZ makes a high quality product. I don't own any thing by them but rifles except some WWII vintage stuff. However, their C.F. rifles are a great variation of Mauser's design. I used an action to build my first .577. It can launch a 750gr. at well over 2500fps and I've never had a problem. Well, I take that back, it did throw the rear sight about 25 yards on it's maiden run!:dizzy: Not the actions fault and nothing a little silver solder couldn't take care of permanently.

Latest posts