Door knocking -Soliciting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have offered to debate the topic of his choice on this forum and he has declined that offer and I think we all know why that is ...

That is somewhat in line with what I had in mind.

Your post again seems like an attempt at reconciliation but I wouldn't hold my breath were I you.

Likewise there are some areas where Eric is unquestionably better informed and or skilled than me. And no they are not in just the negative areas. The guy has more zeal that I have and has a hide 10 times thicker than mine and is heaps more safety conscious that I have ever been. He has heaps more computer smarts and he probably knows more about Brisbane trees.

:) I think you two are different kinds of tree guys- those bidding and consulting and those who have actually climbed, (me 26 years climbing, now 9 years in management), Mark, you are in an office, Eric , you hate people in the office. I think I am gonna write a sitcom show called " The Office".
Jeff

Knowledge can so easily be feigned in this era with instantaneous downloads on any subject. That is why I thought it would be interesting and telling to hear what each of them "feels" about tree care in regards to what is important and what is in their gut.

I think the crux of the feud is just plain "I know more than you do". Very difficult to prove that regardless of credentials or time in. Instruction, comprehension, retention, content, currentness, etc. of information all play into this and there are so many variables that there may be no answer.

You, Jeff and others ask why Mark comes over here to confront Eric. The answer is this is neutral grounds. If people don't want to read it, just go to another thread. If Mark goes to that forum he is restricted, censored, intimidated and ultimately banned then his posts are removed. I have seen it happen.

Knowledge can so easily be feigned in this era with instantaneous downloads on any subject.

Well, maybe to some extent. Usually the "dumbass" shows through pretty quick. I know a guy who they stuck in a "management" job who tries to BS his way through consultations from time to time. It's not a pretty thing to witness.

Well, maybe to some extent. Usually the "dumbass" shows through pretty quick. I know a guy who they stuck in a "management" job who tries to BS his way through consultations from time to time. It's not a pretty thing to witness.

Back when I started I had a district manager with Bartlett who called every tree a "native tree". Even the beginners knew he was a dumbass.

Back when I started I had a district manager with Bartlett who called every tree a "native tree". Even the beginners knew he was a dumbass.

Yep. I've known several who fit in that class. The other day one of my competitor's top consultants (actually his only consultant) was trying to tell the HO some old gaff marks were an insect infestation. This same guy failed his applicators license test about 43 times and finally gave up.

Yep. I've known several who fit in that class. The other day one of my competitor's top consultants (actually his only consultant) was trying to tell the HO some old gaff marks were an insect infestation. This same guy failed his applicators license test about 43 times and finally gave up.

you'd have to be a pretty gullible ho to buy into that one too. Pretty distinct pattern there as a give away.

you were out for a while....you been real busy?

No, it's really been kinda slow. I have sold a lot of trees this year and that has kept us going. We have four six inch container grown Shumard Red Oaks to put in tomorrow.

That has to be a big ass container. I have seen them on home shows on tv but none has shown up here.

We were dead as a door nail couple of weeks ago and now we're buried. Man if you can fill in the glitches in the season with alternatives you keep treading water and don't fall below the surface. We did a lot of firewood last winter and have been planting quite a few trees this spring. I literally have my own forest growing around my home town. Plenty of bucks to be made there and we obviously are going to be a lot more judicious when it comes to trees than a landscraper.

mckeetree,

You got any pics of that .... sounds like a serious soil mass for tree size, just need to see a pic of it. :)

mckeetree,

You got any pics of that .... sounds like a serious soil mass for tree size, just need to see a pic of it. :)

Do you know anything about container grown trees? We are not talking B&B here now. That is not an unusual soil mass for a 6 inch container grown tree.

Do you know anything about container grown trees? We are not talking B&B here now. That is not an unusual soil mass for a 6 inch container grown tree.

Are you setting that with a crane. I have planted some that big with my crane (balled) but some did not survive. Lot of work to come up a loser. I still got paid but replaced them with something smaller on the guarantee from nursery.

Are you setting that with a crane. I have planted some that big with my crane (balled) but some did not survive. Lot of work to come up a loser. I still got paid but replaced them with something smaller on the guarantee from nursery.

I use a wheel loader to set them.

750 litre tree

Eric, this roughly is what a 750 pot looks like. It is an appropriate sized pot for a 125mm tree. Hope that helps

Back