Door knocking -Soliciting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is true that the referrals we get for consulting in Qld we refer it to guys like Sam Cowie, Peter Bishop, Shaun Freeman and Adam Tom

Good to see disclosure like this .... I'm sure I am not the only one who raises an eyebrow. :) couldn't be some sort of boys club though, nah, to ethical for that to happen eh. :givebeer:

The constitution (Australian) gives local government no authority so it "does not have power" other than power that is delegated by the state. Council does not have any planning laws ... the state has them and management of them is delegated to the local authority.

As such the state has the statutory power so the only impact the council has over the state is in ensuring the state complies with its own legislation if and where compliance is required.

Source: http://www.baysidebulletin.com.au/n...cure-changes-to-plan/1761429.aspx?storypage=0

They are calling for the State to adhere to Redland City Council's development codes for the area, which the State currently does not have to do.

"We have no problem with the social housing. Who of us knows when we might need it one day?" Mr Hickson said.

"But it needs to be done properly, with consideration for the traffic overcrowding we already see on this little road with a school and two childcare centres, and the environmental values all of the residents love about living here."

Plans for the community housing seen by the residents propose only 12 carparks for 20 units, with the development to extend right up to the boundary and clear all bushland.

If the plans complied with council regulations, car parks would need to be increased to 25 and the 'footprint' reduced to adhere to a 'habitat overlay' for the site.

Source: http://www.baysidebulletin.com.au/n...-reject-revised-mary-street-plan/1770360.aspx

The plans seen by the community group originally proposed 20 units with 12 carparks, which was reduced to 16 units and 16 carparks at a meeting with government staff last week. It was submitted to Redland City Council planning staff for feedback last week, although the State does not have to comply with any council regulations.

How else should it be done

Good to see disclosure like this .... I'm sure I am not the only one who raises an eyebrow. :) couldn't be some sort of boys club though, nah, to ethical for that to happen eh. :givebeer:

Why shouldn't we decide to whom we sends referrals, particularly given that we pay to generate the enquiries? We pick people that we know are competent and ethical and who we know will care for the client.

How do you suggest that we should make the selection ... ???

Remember when you booted Reg Coates outta the Moderator group because he was a friend/acquaintance of Mark's? He left the forum and that was a huge loss to what was a very impressive group with Treeseer (undemocratically booted) and many others gone bye bye (booted or voluntarily). Sad....very sad.

No big surprise Sean Freeman finally left. I remember years of you attempting to condescend to Sean in a battle for superiority of knowledge (read downloads in your case for the most part). Sean has way too much class to lower his self to the levels you are willing to go to.

Remember when I started a thread on Safari and the surfactant Pentrabark and with my inside information from University contacts and their research I denounced the product.

You posted some results you had done on your own in your backyard, I think, that (un) scientifically proved you correct as usual?

A female poster named Lenore (not remembering her screen name) who had credentials came on and said you were in violation of using these products under law.

Well you went ballistic and banned her and whitewashed all her posts so she never even existed after years of posting and thousands of posts. And you have the stones to characterize the ISA with a Hitler caricature? What a belly laugher.:laugh:

You have no idea Corymbia, but many many many have been down your road before. You may not be without blame but you are going through a predictable process. Right now you are in the stage where he buries you with rhetoric and contorts the truth and it becomes a war of attrition. Get ready to hunker down. Reconciliation is just a sign of weakness and ammunition for his assault at this time and place.

My comments in red.

Remember when you booted Reg Coates outta the Moderator group because he was a friend/acquaintance of Mark's? He left the forum and that was a huge loss to what was a very impressive group with Treeseer (undemocratically booted) and many others gone bye bye (booted or voluntarily). Sad....very sad.

Not true, but it suits your agenda. Reg simply did not believe or entertain Marks angle of attack. In doing so Reg aligned himself without observing the facts as discussed at TW, he was relating to his memories of over 10 years ago rather than what was happening now. Nothing sad about that, just the way it is. Democracy is a strange thing, taking a vote at a KKK meeting for black peoples rights is democratic eh? TW is my site, just like this is Darin's, difference is I am a tree man.

No big surprise Sean Freeman finally left. I remember years of you attempting to condescend to Sean in a battle for superiority of knowledge (read downloads in your case for the most part). Sean has way too much class to lower his self to the levels you are willing to go to.

Yeah right, Sean can do as he pleases, just like you have done. I challenged Sean as seen fit on certain opinions, like say subsidence, that is all. You perceive whatever you like, I care not, but the coincidence of his non posting and that of Adam's news is worth noting. People can come and go as these please, up to them, just like you have chosen not to come (thank goodness)

Remember when I started a thread on Safari and the surfactant Pentrabark and with my inside information from University contacts and their research I denounced the product.

You posted some results you had done on your own in your backyard, I think, that (un) scientifically proved you correct as usual?

Again just your opinion. I posted that I had good results in comparison to previous methods of spraying/collar drench .... how you interpret that is up to you.

A female poster named Lenore (not remembering her screen name) who had credentials came on and said you were in violation of using these products under law.

Well you went ballistic and banned her and whitewashed all her posts so she never even existed after years of posting and thousands of posts. And you have the stones to characterize the ISA with a Hitler caricature? What a belly laugher.:laugh:

Lol, just love the theatrics eh. Some-one dobbed that's for sure but no-one asked the facts and to this day no-one knows what happened except me. I kept that 100% to myself knowing trusting people, especially the likes of you is highly risky. You know, to this day there is people out there reading who know I still hold their years old secrets and through any adversity they are kept, there are some people like that, but definately not you. :)

You have no idea Corymbia, but many many many have been down your road before. You may not be without blame but you are going through a predictable process. Right now you are in the stage where he buries you with rhetoric and contorts the truth and it becomes a war of attrition. Get ready to hunker down. Reconciliation is just a sign of weakness and ammunition for his assault at this time and place.

Anyway huff n' puff, your motive is fighting, all you do and know, run in, throw a few punches and run away, then cry like a baby. The thing that is clear is that the so called "guru's" spit the dummy if they do not get their own way, they result, like you and corymbia to name calling venom.... the facts, well, I have asked if Corymbia has the balls to post the lot up rather than threaten to sue all the time. Hardly the Nazi regime that you purport. More Nazi to fight a man with his hands tied behind his back eh.

You are just offering your typical undesirable venom, which frankly has nothing to do with this specific case. Like it or not, TW is here to stay, and it's growing solid. The philosophy of TW is about finding new untainted blood and self promotion for posters. For front line people to feel OK regardless of their spelling or grammar.

Hartley has demonstrated how NAAA is a business acquiring leads and passing them out to mates, well TW is a little more democratic and transparent than that, and is not an organisation. Posters get links and exposure in return for their contribution, readers can contact them if they want, simple, no-one getting in the way.

Here's what you really thought at the time. It's sad I have to do this to remind you what you really are, trust is something that should never be bestowed upon you by anyone.
attachment.php

Your either a man of your word or your not

Here's what you really thought at the time. It's sad I have to do this to remind you what you really are, trust is something that should never be bestowed upon you by anyone.
attachment.php

Oh my Treevet did you really say this??

So typical of you

Corymbia posted #353 Oh and of course wear responsibility for any harm that may arise from taking that action.

Once more you try and fool the good people out there, look what he is saying people.

This will teach you to be cheeky

Quite the coup you fellas have scored here.:D

You 2 lame brains musta worked all day on this one. And this says what....?

Now that was silly because I have to mess with your head. Fancy calling me after something so useful. Every time you go to use your pr&^ck from now on I want you to see a miniature me ... now that has sure killed your sex life now hasn't it? :hmm3grin2orange::biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:
WRONG mustache breath....

He actually THINKS he knows more than DR. Shigo, Chief Scientist for the United States Forestry Service and Scientist for more than 60 years when it comes to Wall 4 of compartmentalization. He, a scientist of 00 years even has his own designation of Wall4 instead of Wall 4 likely to show he discovered something that Shigo discovered through years of scientific experiments.

"Wounding experiments have shown that the symplast regulates the activities of the vascular cambium by sending it messages. When trees were wounded with drill bits AND LATER DISSECTED, it was observed that the cambium need not be touched to respond. A barrier zone of specialized cells was formed by the cambium in response to injured cells elsewhere in the symplast.

These results are significant because they show that the cambium can receive messages from the symplast......The cambium responds even if the problem has occurred elsewhere in the tree. This explains how barrier zones can form far in advance of injured tissue and demonstrates that survival in trees depends on the communication of new information."

I was trimming a tree the other day and it said ouch ,is this common for maples to speak before 10am

If door knocking is so wrong why is it Ok for a guy to walk up to the job while we are working and ask to have atree cut down down for 50 bucks right then and there?
AHHH! watch that sword, its sharp on all sides.
I agree its not cool to bang on someone's door and throw some kind od ultimatum at them " We are here now so it 200 but if we come back its more" That crap is crap. Some sort of fearmongering I would say.

Let's look at an exaggerated example.....

Whaaatttt iiiiifffff.....

Say they took away the soliciting laws in Beverly Hills. Just imagine how many tree guys would be lined up the driveway and down the sidewalk to trim Pamela Anderson's bush?

when Eric said he knew more than Shigo, I just got the feeling he was saying he read alot, I think like he meant it to emphasis as to him reading and going over it so much, he made a joke- so to speak, not a deliberate statement that he knew more. You do seem to be pushing this a little hard and not sure what your motive is.
Jeff Lovstrom

Jeff, you may be right but I have my doubts. Eric has been free to clarify that comment but again he has failed to take that opportunity instead choosing to sling mud. On the other hand I have taken considerable effort to answer questions and state things a clearly as I can.

As far as clarifying the alleged death threats, Eric has actually now taken the time (on the 27th of April 4 months after the phone messages were left) to make proper enquiries to finally establish that no death threats were made. It will be interesting to see what he now says about the smears. I guess a very humble apology is unlikely because after all according to John Rambo Frei ... after all I "drew the first blood"

Hello

High all.

First post on this site and I got to say what a interesting time people are having on this site. I personally don't give one rats arse for personal sledging. I would love to know the amount of time two people have spent on posting insults to each other. If you multiplied this by my Aust. hourly rate for consulting ($220.00 per hour) the mind boggles.

Cheers

Love and kisses xxoo

High all.

First post on this site and I got to say what a interesting time people are having on this site. I personally don't give one rats arse for personal sledging. I would love to know the amount of time two people have spent on posting insults to each other. If you multiplied this by my Aust. hourly rate for consulting ($220.00 per hour) the mind boggles.

Cheers

Love and kisses xxoo

Spot on. :)

I knocked on a door today for the first time in I can't remember when. Two doors down from the house I was working at. The idiots had poured a huge concrete slab over two Oaks when they extended their driveway. New concrete with two freshly killed Oaks. I offered to take them out while I was there. No go. Total waste of time.

Back