Dump bed sides

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griff93

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently purchased a flat bed dump that has stake pockets. I'd like to do a decent tail gate and sides but need to have them removable so I can tow a gooseneck if I want to. They don't have to be light enough to hand remove. I had thought about welding some posts in the rear corners of the bed but they will get in the way of a gooseneck. I'm looking for ideas and examples. I'd really prefer the sides to not flop around like my other truck with stake pocket sides because I'd like to cap the top of the dump to be able to chip into it. I've pretty much decided to build the cap out of HDPE and Aluminum. I can make it pin onto the top of the sides without a lot of trouble. I'm just looking for a good bedside/tailgate design.

Thanks,
Griff

Find a used side kit from a flat bed semi trailer. You may have to modify the bows for width but they work pretty good. You'll still need to make a tailgate or modify the side kit for the rear as well. Just wont be able to pile a lot of chips up against it.

we used 4" chanel iron on all the ones we have built. we attached 2*10s to the channels then nailed trim tin over the cracks between boards. we had no top on ours just a roll back tarp. we built the tale gate so it had big pins that dropped into slots at the top of the back channels. then had a turn latch at the bottom. ours were 20' long so we have take ours on and off with the skid steer.

Latest posts

Back