ebay purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trook

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just won a MS361C on ebay for $440. The saw appears to be in very good condition and comes with the 18" b&c. I hope $440 is a fair price. What do you think?

Would I be happier if separately purchase the 20" b&c? This will be used mostly for farm cleanup and maintenance.

!BnjZrp!!2k~$(KGrHqMOKjsEtk06OsYHBLj91cDc3!~~_35.JPG

!BnjZsew!2k~$(KGrHqIOKjYEtkGY!prWBLj91eZrtQ~~_35.JPG

I'd stick with the 18" setup since its already on there myself. 2" isn't going to make that much difference.

Does $440 sound like a reasonable price? If I'm not mistaken, this model includes the secondary chain brake above the throttle trigger.

I'd stick with the 18" setup since its already on there myself. 2" isn't going to make that much difference.

Agreed. Sometimes an extra 2'' would come in handy, but I don't think it would be worth the money for what you want.:)

That saw looks like new. If it indeed is that clean, then I think that nearly $200 less than a new one is not a bad deal. I would not spend the money on a 20-inch until that bar is shot. 18 will do you fine and that saw will really run it well. Remember also that the shorter the chains, the less that you usually have to pay for them and the less time it takes to sharpen them.

You might consider a muffler mod and then look out-you'll be hooked like everyone else here is!

I don't think 2" is really going to make much difference either but it's always handy to have a second bar, as well as an extra chain or two. Even the most "careful" of us have pinched a bar bucking downed wood and it's generally safer to unbolt the pinched b/c and mount a new one to remedy the situation.

I don't think 2" is really going to make much difference either but it's always handy to have a second bar, as well as an extra chain or two. Even the most "careful" of us have pinched a bar bucking downed wood and it's generally safer to unbolt the pinched b/c and mount a new one to remedy the situation.

That would mean you only have one saw! cad will take hold.....:greenchainsaw:

Isn't that why one carries a second saw with them when they go cutting ?

Back