Ebay: Stihl saws from Hungry?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was an ms 200 on there, too. As much as I want one of those, there is no way I would buy one that has to be shipped from Eastern Europe. But I noticed people were bidding on it. I notice that it required PayPal--that seems kind of weird for a scam artist, oh well. I was wondering if it was a hijacking of a legit seller's site--not sure how that works. When I start selling on eBay I will have zero seller feedback, but 100% pos. buyer feedback. But I will list any saws here first, and any rehab projects will be documented here, cus I want the job to turnout the best possible, and I figure y'all know a lot more than I do.
Thanks, AS, for hooking me up with good folks who love chainsaws:greenchainsaw:

I saw an 090 awhile back advertised with pay pal payment but when it came right down to it it was a guy from Romania, wanted money sent by western union. No Deal there. Smelled a skunk big time.
Apparentely he jacked someones ebay account that sold toys and tried to use their user name. They were from the midwest.
Watch out for sellers with no feedback.

Omg

I can't figure out how in the heck I missed this, buttttt.... OMG... Even my wife said holy CRAP!!!!! This is soooooo funny...

:givebeer:

Listings removed from Ebay...

Well, no joke now! All of this person's listings, new and old have been REMOVED from Ebay. So I hope that no one got screwed... but it was so obvious a scam.

Last edited:
I was trying to find any contact information as at first it looks as he is about 2 hours away from me.

If anyone can find a contact number i can ask someone to give him a call to see how big he is in real life.

Have a couple of hungarian speakers working here.

I dont want to defend who i dont know but generaly young people overhere are ambitious to start business but are not always used to the complete procedures. Also no knowledge how to present themselves professionaly.

How he ends up at your side of the globe is not a surprise to me, i think every family overhere has at least 1 member that moved over. (Canada is HOT here at the moment with young guys)

I am paranoid but try to give them the benefit of doubt.

In any case his ebay shop looks empty besides of some product pictures way little info to find. So looks as you say...

It was a scam. They (Ebay) would not have removed the old listings as well as the new ones if it was in any way legitimate. The sudden listing of 8 popular brand new saws on Ebay is very suspect, considering that both Stihl and Husky do not allow online sales of their saws, globally. Also the fact that the dealer was a new one on Ebay, and that they were listed as being in Budapest, but with common saw models sold in Canada, and a very north american marketing name for a business.

Back