Echo cs-590 VS Stihl ms310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmccoy

Reaction score
Picked up a cs 590 that was new in the box and just bought a ms 310 that's in really good shape.
I got the ms 310 as a package deal with a ms 200t from an estate sale so I'm not sure about the history but it is extremely clean and runs good.

I know neither of the saws are pro grade but I'm just getting started cutting a few trees for friends and family.

I haven't run both but maybe 15 minutes each and don't really see a power difference. Both have 20 in bars and cut well.

Which one would you keep?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Picked up a cs 590 that was new in the box and just bought a ms 310 that's in really good shape.
I got the ms 310 as a package deal with a ms 200t from an estate sale so I'm not sure about the history but it is extremely clean and runs good.

I know neither of the saws are pro grade but I'm just getting started cutting a few trees for friends and family.

I haven't run both but maybe 15 minutes each and don't really see a power difference. Both have 20 in bars and cut well.

Which one would you keep?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

The 590 has a magnesium case....its considered pro grade construction. I did have a 590 for a short time though and it felt bulky when handling even compared to my chinese 070 clone which is a heavy beast but handles like a 105cc saw should.

The 310 is a nice homeowner saw plus you've got the bonus of a 200t. Personally I would sell the 590 and 200t then put that money toward another saw.

The 590 has a magnesium case....its considered pro grade construction. I did have a 590 for a short time though and it felt bulky when handling even compared to my chinese 070 clone which is a heavy beast but handles like a 105cc saw should.

The 310 is a nice homeowner saw plus you've got the bonus of a 200t. Personally I would sell the 590 and 200t then put that money toward another saw.
Having the cs620, which is the pro grade saw of the 590, I can say you are way off on it being anything like a 070 in handling ...clone or not. I run the 620 next to my 288xp, which really has a small footprint for a 88cc and can tell you while they are close, the 620 is lighter and smaller. Looking up the specs the 310 is the same weight as the 590.

I have bought and sold a lot of saws. Down the road if you decide to resale the MS310 wins. Parts available and dealer support the Stihl wins. If that ms 200t is in good shape you could sell it and bout buy an almost new Pro grade Stihl saw.

I have bought and sold a lot of saws. Down the road if you decide to resale the MS310 wins. Parts available and dealer support the Stihl wins. If that ms 200t is in good shape you could sell it and bout buy an almost new Pro grade Stihl saw.
The 200t is in really good shape and I have thought about selling it but I'm starting to climb a few trees and the little top handle cs3400 I'm running now is rough. I could sell the 200t and pick up a new echo cs355t......

I could sell the 200t and pick up a new echo cs355t......
I have a really nice CS355T.
Any interest in trading the 200T?
If so, send me a PM

Back