ECHO CS600P clearence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmore

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was in HomeDepot yesterday and saw an ECHO CS600P on clearance for $369.00. A lot lighter than my Makita DCS6401. Hard to pass up but money doesn't grow on trees. I'll watch and see if it comes down more then maybe.

Last edited:
Seen a couple on eBay too for about 4 bills, might go to the box store tomorrow and pick one up, that's not a bad price for a 60cc saw, and another $275 for a port job, sounds good to me.

Was in HomeDepot yesterday and saw an ECHO CS600P on clearance for $369.00. A lot lighter than my Makita DCS6401. Hard to pass up but money doesn't grow on trees. I'll watch and see if it comes down more then maybe.

If you get it, and are going to run it as-is, do not trust the factory carb setting and lose the limiter caps, and the mufflers are choked up.

Ya, at that price, what the other guys said, pristine clean, send it to a saw builder for a full stomp, chomp and romp.

Just went to a couple home depot stores in my area. One has a cs600p on the display but no new in box ones. No price on it either. The other one has the 590 timberwolf for $399. Specs on the two saws are the same. Anyone know the difference?

Just went to a couple home depot stores in my area. One has a cs600p on the display but no new in box ones. No price on it either. The other one has the 590 timberwolf for $399. Specs on the two saws are the same. Anyone know the difference?

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/233800.htm

A few cheaper components to get the price down. Same basic engine. At the opposite end they have the 620p now which I guess could be called the high performance version. 590, 600, 620

My local HD had a new edition 600p about two months ago on clearance for 369.00 which I snagged as soon as I saw it. I asked the service counter if they wound be getting anymore in and they said no and that it was an ordered item that was never picked up by the customer. I went back a week later and they still had the ticket up and had reduced the price another 60 bucks. I asked about it and they happily gave me a 60 dollar refund. :laugh:

My local HD had a new edition 600p about two months ago on clearance for 369.00 which I snagged as soon as I saw it. I asked the service counter if they wound be getting anymore in and they said no and that it was an ordered item that was never picked up by the customer. I went back a week later and they still had the ticket up and had reduced the price another 60 bucks. I asked about it and they happily gave me a 60 dollar refund. :laugh:

So you got a brand new 600P for $309? You do realize that this probably get you the "you suck" title for the week!

Congrats on a good saw at a great price!

Be sure to remove those limiters for a proper tune, would hate to see you screw up a good deal by smokin it...

For that price, nothing else is even CLOSE. I am totally blown away by Echo's sterling quality in their newest saws. They are just amazingly, astonishingly well made, utterly stone reliable and dependable, extremely easy starting (particularly when they are hot) and chew through wood like a bipolar beaver on meth. And the one that forcefully changed my mind is "only" a completely bone stock CS-450.

If you haven't given an Echo a chance, do so immediately if you can. Stihl and Husky need a good a$$-kicking once in awhile! It will make Stihl and Husky work much much harder to make better saws with a viable third option in the marketplace.

So you got a brand new 600P for $309? You do realize that this probably get you the "you suck" title for the week!

Congrats on a good saw at a great price!

Be sure to remove those limiters for a proper tune, would hate to see you screw up a good deal by smokin it...

Yah, I smile every time I see it on the shelf.

The first thing I did when I got it home was pull the limiters and retune it to be a bit on the fat side for break in. It's a nice cutting saw with plenty of tourqe. It's just plain pleasent to run. It will be ported this winter. :rock:

From cs 600P to cs 590

Been keeping tabs on the cs600P at HD and the $369 price has not yet come down as I have hoped but today I found a cs590 on a pallet of freight with a note on it saying it needs a green tag. Got an associate to talk to a manger about getting a green tag ( a manager approved reduced price ). Fellas in receiving said that a customer returned it, shop checked it out and it was fine. The chain has not touched wood and it doesn't show any signs of having been fired up but the oil reservoir is full???
They gave me a recon price but I don't see typical scribing associated with a reconditioned saw???
Price?...$247.00
It's mine now. I may hold it for up to thirty days and if the cs 600P comes down I may return the 590 applying the money paid for it towards the 600P. If I keep the cs 590 I guess I can replace the spur drive with a rim sprocket, when it wears. Basically the spur drive is the component that I wish was upgraded. To remove the muffler is it only the two screws on the bottom that hold it to the cylinder? Want to check for scoring and find out if it has a Catylist. I may wait to modify it after the 30 day return period has past. I just couldn't walk away from this deal. My wife thinks I should see a shrink...maybe she's right!

Back