Echo Disappointment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundance

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm considering another Echo. Their "One-day promotion" drop down used to show what dealers had the deal what days. Not only is it now 15% not 20% but it offers no idea what days it might be.I'd probably shop if I knew what dealers and days.

I'm considering another Echo. Their "One-day promotion" drop down used to show what dealers had the deal what days. Not only is it now 15% not 20% but it offers no idea what days it might be.I'd probably shop if I knew what dealers and days.
It went down to 15% a year or two ago
Some items are excluded
Here its usually in the spring at my dealer its not always listed months in advance on echos website

It went down to 15% a year or two ago
Some items are excluded
Here its usually in the spring at my dealer its not always listed months in advance on echos website
I saw the drop to 15% (bummer) but used to be able to see the sale dates. Noted they were usually in the sprinf. Now, they expect me to call around to dealers and ask?? I'd rather buy somewhat local but the bay becomes easier.

I saw the drop to 15% (bummer) but used to be able to see the sale dates. Noted they were usually in the sprinf. Now, they expect me to call around to dealers and ask?? I'd rather buy somewhat local but the bay becomes easier.
I doubt my dealer would know this far out
I asked in previous years
Sometimes only a couple months out

That’s probably due to the covid bs and less production I’m guessing. I too checked the other day, I’m thinking about a new weed whacker. I’ll be going back to stihl for my next saw though.

I think they could get more dealers to participate if they let them decide when to do it, when i worked for a dealer there was always a big local thing going on and we sold nothing.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

That’s probably due to the covid bs and less production I’m guessing. I too checked the other day, I’m thinking about a new weed whacker. I’ll be going back to stihl for my next saw though.
I have the echo 3020 and its by far the best I've ever used. Blows stihl put of the water they got this new x series stuff right

I've been wondering why Echo offers both a cs370 and a cs400.

are they almost identical? What's the point?
The difference is 3.9 cc in displacement and $10....
mk4Hcr7.gif

I've had a 370 for years. Put on a proper chain, did the muffler mods, retuned the carb and for a small saw that thing rips. It also starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull every time, even if it sits for weeks or months.

If you were in the military you can get 10% off at home depot every day of the week. They carry the more popular echo saws. No top handle models usually in stock by me, but they can be ordered.

If you were in the military you can get 10% off at home depot every day of the week. They carry the more popular echo saws. No top handle models usually in stock by me, but they can be ordered.
I have a HD about equal (but opposite direction) distance from my Echo dealer.
I spent $40 more with Larry but he already made up for that by dropping the price he charges me for sharpening my chains almost in half.
Not only that but he checked out my pawn shop purchased 310 at no charge and can get my parts to me 2nd day if not next day.
Plus I love supporting locals.

Dealers can pick what day they have their one day sale. We are allowed to have the Sale twice a year. Normally during our Spring Open House and once again in the fall. Dealers who participate give 15% off MSRP and ECHO credits us back half.

I got my cs 400 in the "wonder years" of Echo on this forum, have always been hopeful and even went along with the hype suggesting them to people. But I guess I would count myself a bit disappointed.. Husky 340 wearing .325 beats the pants off of it. An MS180C beats it. I haven't modded it or used the original bar and chain (too much Poulan Trash to burn through) but seems like its time to open it up and mess with it and maybe it won't be used just to keep the fuel fresh... and used because I like it.

This Echo CS-4500 turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It weighs about the same as a Stihl MS 290, but it has more metal on board and will cut circles around the Farm Boss:
Echo CS-4500.jpg
No chain brake (optional back then), but it's a screamer with an easy idle speed adjuster.

Dealers can pick what day they have their one day sale. We are allowed to have the Sale twice a year. Normally during our Spring Open House and once again in the fall. Dealers who participate give 15% off MSRP and ECHO credits us back half.
I just wish there was a listing on sale dates like they used to do. I'm not calling around to all the dealers within an hour or so to try to find a sale.

Home depot will give 10% off to card carring vets, you put in the cart carry to the check out counter and have only the self check out open, a job lost.

My Echo dealer will give a vet 10% discount on your word your a vet. Dealers will tell a wrench person in the back you want a such and such saw. they will fill it with mix and bar oil start it and tune the carb before it goes out the door.

My dealer also threw in a second stock Echo 20" chain and offered a discount on bar oil & mix oil.

Al

Home depot will give 10% off to card carring vets, you put in the cart carry to the check out counter and have only the self check out open, a job lost.

My Echo dealer will give a vet 10% discount on your word your a vet. Dealers will tell a wrench person in the back you want a such and such saw. they will fill it with mix and bar oil start it and tune the carb before it goes out the door.

My dealer also threw in a second stock Echo 20" chain and offered a discount on bar oil & mix oil.

Al
Exactly my reasoning for going with my local dealer over HD.
He didn't toss in an extra bar but he did everything else.
Plus he'll sharpen my chains while I wait.

Latest posts

Back