Echo saws for logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbearlogging

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Is there any loggers or high volume firewood guys using echo saws like the 620pw 680 and 800 how are they holding up I'm thinking on buying a few

I think the Echo's are great saws. The only bad thing of three mentioned is, I heard the 800's weight is a little more than comparable saws.

620 will do good!!! Ported it will run with the big boys....pulling a 28 all day.
Have build several of these and a 620 and a 590 with 620 coil for a logger friend who cuts everything from pulp/Post to timber harvests with them. If they stand up for him they will stand up for everyone!!! He’s been running them everyday all day for about 3 years on the 590 and 4 for the 620.

In the Trading Post an older gentleman in TN has a 8000 for sale for $300, pics look super clean. Only thing is that it’s a pick up, no shipping. Wife want a weekend road trip?

I have 4 Echos. cs520, 590, 680 and 355t. All have been extremely reliable. I pull the limiters to make sure I get a proper tune and that's it. No muffler mods yet but many Echos will get pretty substantial gains from opening them up. Easiest starting equipment I've ever owned. Doesn't matter what the weather is. Never even changed a sparkplug.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I've owned all of the saws mentioned including a CS-6700, two CS-670's, and an 800. I wasn't overly impressed with those models but they are OK for firewood and such. They will not run with comparable Husqvarna professional models of the same cc's so I never found myself using them much. I consider them "mid-range" saws, with a pretty narrow power band and decent "grunt" but not a lot of top end power, at least compared to my Husqvarna Pro saws of the same CC's.

The CS-590/600P/620P's are another story. Those are excellent saws and great power for the cc's and modern features like an inboard clutch and clutch driver oiler. I have one of each and use them a lot here, especially the CS-590, it's my "go to" saw these days for most of the cutting I do around my property.

You just can't beat that saw for price, power and durability. I bought a few for around $300 on Ebay NIB and set them up for some friends of mine. One of them owns a tree service and uses it for his ground saw. It gets used and abused pretty hard and doesn't grumble much, and he's had no issues with it other than wearing out a few bars and plenty of chains.

The only mod the CS-590/600/620's need are the limiter caps removed and custom tuned, and at the same time I open up the muffler deflector a bit. The mufflers themselves are not restrictive on those models and they really respond well to adding some fuel as like most other Echo saws they are WAY too lean right out of the box to make the EPA happy...........Cliff

It all depends on pricing.

Since you seem to be wanting to buy a number of saws all at once, your best option is to go and ask your nearest Stihl, Echo and Husqvarna dealerships for quotes. if you have a Dolkita dealership in the area go there as well. You may be plesantly surprised once you show them the previous quotes. ;)
The CS620 is on par with the competition from Europe but the CS680 and the 8002/800 aren't. They are ultra-reliable, built very sturdy but they are also dated designs and they feel like it. But if you can have them for a great price, go ahead.

Latest posts

Back