Echo saws kinda lame

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am new to this site, so I'll express my opinion carefully. Echo saws are totally boring. They start, run, and cut great. Almost boring because its always that!

I have a cs-310, cs-370, cs-400, cs-450, and the cs-600. I really love my Echos!

Hurricane Irene did a number on my house and property. Tree Removal scavengers wanted 30K to remove all the fallen oaks in my yard. These five saws, along with friends and family got it done. It took quite a bit of time and never had a hiccup from the Echo line. A poulan woodhshark was fried, along with a cheap craftsman.

I just love all saws :clap:

I run my cs600p for hours every week. It is my favorite saw to cut with by far. It out cuts a stock ms362 every time. It always starts in 3 pulls or less, even after sitting for a week. It has a muff mod and a square filed chain and absolutely rips. Wouldn't trade it for any other 60cc saw on the market.

I run my cs600p for hours every week. It is my favorite saw to cut with by far. It out cuts a stock ms362 every time. It always starts in 3 pulls or less, even after sitting for a week. It has a muff mod and a square filed chain and absolutely rips. Wouldn't trade it for any other 60cc saw on the market.

yes steve I see you're reading this, this is why the echo crowd can never be taken seriously, a plodding 4 horse echo "outcuts" the 4.6 horse pro-stihl... mmwwwaaahahah

yes steve I see you're reading this, this is why the echo crowd can never be taken seriously, a plodding 4 horse echo "outcuts" the 4.6 horse pro-stihl... mmwwwaaahahah

Out of your cave again? Echo saws gain about 50% with a muff modd so the CS600 should have around 6hp, there just as much bs as you. Steve

I have no experience with the Echo's, but I walked by them recently at HD (on the way to look at the rental Makita's :D ) and they looked well built. My .02

That's why I like my Echo CS600P it actually starts consistently , my Stihl MS 250 and my MS 362 is a crap shoot as to starting .

I own 2 stihl saws and love them both. I'm not just touting echo because it's the only saw I own, I'm relating actual experience.

You're a little harder to take seriously than the echo owners who are posting here with actual experience. Thanks for playing.

AH!!!so much hate for the echo's. good solid saws the pro series saws are really pro saws even though they don't say husky or stihl on them.....ridiculous. i love love love my 660evl all metal and so far out of all the saws i've run it's the smoothest torquey one i've run. now don't get me wrong if you wanna race get a different saw, but i use mine for firewood and it hasn't missed a beat...btw it's 30 years old never had a carb rebuild original bar and it's second chain. it pulls a 24" bar with authority. oh btw my MM 42cc craftsman/poulan with 18" 91vxl would put a darn good spanking on your toy ms250/ms180....

when will we all just get along...

reminds me when the LS1 engines started getting popular and the old school SBC guys where/are considered weird because they don't build LSX motors. i'll take me a 355sbc at 8300rpm all day over that new fangled stuff.

not ashamed to be an echo lover

Last edited:
The only Echo saw I've seen that i wanted is the cs500p. Its so sexy and light for a 50 cc, how could someone not want it.

Anyone who runs a Stihl MS 361 would be able to answer that question. There is no comparison. The 361 adds almost twice the horsepower for a pound of weight.

Not exactly apples to apples, 50cc to 60cc or real close. On a 50cc saw, 10cc's is 20 percent.

The only echo i have ran is a cs-4600, a 50cc saw, and compared to my 026 its not so far behind i would call it a bad saw. its cut well over 100 cord and still runs well. It is a little heavier then my 026, and has slightly less power, if i had to replace my 026 with it, it wouldnt be the end of the world. Havent run any new echo's but from what i hear they are good saws. If you cut ten cord a year, nothing wrong with an echo.

I love Echo's and plan on adding more to the stable (got to make room tho):msp_thumbup:

The only echo i have ran is a cs-4600, a 50cc saw, and compared to my 026 its not so far behind i would call it a bad saw. its cut well over 100 cord and still runs well. It is a little heavier then my 026, and has slightly less power, if i had to replace my 026 with it, it wouldnt be the end of the world. Havent run any new echo's but from what i hear they are good saws. If you cut ten cord a year, nothing wrong with an echo.

Your Echo cs4600 is 45cc. Try out a CS400 muff modded. Steve

I've run some 361 saws, certainally not going to cut twice as fast as any 50cc Echo. Or any other decent 50cc saw. Steve
Hmmm... Did I say twice as fast? I believe I said twice the horsepower. If you crank a stock 361 at 14,000 RPM as the manual rates it, you will get twice the horsepower of most stock 50cc saws. However, that might not deliver twice the cutting speed.

Hmmm... Did I say twice as fast? I believe I said twice the horsepower. If you crank a stock 361 at 14,000 RPM as the manual rates it, you will get twice the horsepower of most stock 50cc saws. However, that might not deliver twice the cutting speed.

If you jump up 10 cc more to the 440 do you get twice the horsepower of a 361?

Anyone who runs a Stihl MS 361 would be able to answer that question. There is no comparison. The 361 adds almost twice the horsepower for a pound of weight.

Seriously bro so its three times as powerfull that seems impossible. I'll take my built in Japan echo thx.

Most good 50cc saws will have at least 3.2 up to 3.8 vs 4.4 for a 361, not even close to twice using my math. Also more than 1 # more than a Echo CS500 10.6 vs 12.2. Steve

Latest posts

Back