Echo/Shindaiwa?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a news release for us Echo (two of us?) and Shindaiwa (5-6 or us?) LOL
owners. Wonder if this means one or the other brand will eventialy be gone? Sounds like fancy term for merger to me?

http://www.echo-usa.com/news.asp?Type=Release

Incredible and interesting information, you mean there are actually 5 people which own Shindaiwa saws here!:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Looking at the 2 saw compaines profiles and marketing i can see a lot of likeness, i have thought that for a few years now. There is another line already from the Kioritz giant that is not sold over here that may be made in the same factory as the Echo's ? Guess we will have to wait and see...Bob

From Shindaiwa.com:

Press Release
Shindaiwa/Kioritz Alliance
May 21, 2007
Tualatin, Oregon
Today it was announced in Japan that Shindaiwa Corporation (Shindaiwa) has entered into a
business shareholding alliance with Kioritz Corporation (Kioritz), the parent company of ECHO
Incorporated.
Shindaiwa and Kioritz, both publicly traded companies on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, are
leading global manufacturers of premium outdoor power equipment including trimmers,
chainsaws, power blowers, hedge clippers and related products.
In addition to initial mutual investments of approximately $2 million in each other’s common
stock, the alliance will focus on working together to develop and implement future mutually
beneficial product and operational programs.

Shindaiwa can start by melting down their clutch covers(757) and make some bar covers for the real saws:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
WITHOUT ADMITING THEY HAVE NO PLAN.. or can't..:cheers:

They have a plan. Lets see, they bash the 4-Mix and now they have to join a company that has a 4-stroke engine to help them out.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Urbicide said:
Where is 4 Paws? He is the resident Shinney man on here. I know that he will be praying that they don't use Echo's old gray color scheme.

That is so true! I like the older Echo color scheme - red, white, black.

Lakeside53 said:
2 million??? That's peanuts...

You are just used to the price of Stihl parts. Heck, a carb kit, air filter, a 6-pack of oil and a few chains will run you half that! :laugh:

Companies sharing ideas can be a good or bad idea...only time tells. A company that is too proud to admit that a competitor has them beat in a market share, design component, etc. is foolish. They all buy each others stuff, disassemble, measure, and reverse engineer. The new anti-vibe on the Stihl's...looks familiar. I bet there are more than a few 441s that have been disected at the hands of engineers to figure out Stihl's weird transfer/intake/carb set-up.

I hope this means a big 5-cube plus sized saw (or saws) will hit the market in the next few years from Shindaiwa. Their designs may be a little outdated, but I love their torque curve.

We all have our favorites, let's not turn this into a pi$$ing match.

Latest posts

Back