Echo warranty a joke, need new saw.

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much hell did you raise with them. I would be suggesting to them to make it right. Or you will post on every chainsaw related forum about how they are sticking it to you. Don't give up yet keep running it up the ladder.

How much hell did you raise with them. I would be suggesting to them to make it right. Or you will post on every chainsaw related forum about how they are sticking it to you. Don't give up yet keep running it up the ladder.

Being an Echo dealer I have gone through this. They tend to really drag their feet when it comes to warranty issues. I had posted months back that I had 2 Echo saws with casting problems that rendered them useless for the customers. Echo was no help at all. They have since switched to a more customer friendly brand. Echo sells tons of saws through the big box stores and discount houses that they seem not to really care all that much about the after service. I also blame the dealer as well for not pressing the company more. If I do not get an answer in a few days from any of our suppliers they are on my daily call list until I do.

Like I have said before---All warranties I have ever dealt with, are written to protect the manufacturer, not the consumer! Many ways manufacturer can decline warranty and it is written in the paper.
I have worked on virtually all brands of chainsaws with problems dealers wouldn't cover.

You won't believe how many phone calls and emails I've sent. Every place you try to go they run you right back to square one to start over. Only thing they offered was a 2.6 oz. bottle of mix oil. Oh yeah, when they returned my saw in pieces there was a sheet of paper with the packing list that stated "We appreciate your business." That was a slap in the face.

I do know that warranty states you have to use their oil to keep from voiding the warranty. I made sure I did that, however I must have missed the very fine print concerning the spark plug brand.

I did let them know I am going to chainsaw sites and blogs letting people know how well I was treated. I bought a wood burner and saws when I retired to help with expenses in the future if fuel costs skyrocket and for the exercise. For my first post here I appreciate all the comments and support.

You won't believe how many phone calls and emails I've sent. Every place you try to go they run you right back to square one to start over. Only thing they offered was a 2.6 oz. bottle of mix oil. Oh yeah, when they returned my saw in pieces there was a sheet of paper with the packing list that stated "We appreciate your business." That was a slap in the face.
Dahmer, if I were in this situation I'd find the director of customer service address and phone number and contact him/her by letter and phone call.

I got her voicemail. I was told that service reps have final say. Willing to bet the pay raise for the service rep is based on number of warranties declined.

My understanding of a hotter plug is hotter means it is longer and thus protrudes further into the cylinder. I can think of no other issue the rep could be referencing. Anyone understand the logic here?

That really sucks! Anymore I don't even look at the warranty on anything pretty much assuming that they won't honor it anyway. I wish you the best of luck friend. I hope somehow you get some resolution from echo.

Dimensionally the plug was the same and the Champion cross reference chart said it was a match for the NGK. No damage to the plug protruding into the compression chamber.

Anybody recommend a good you tube video for muffler mod and retuning the carb? Might as well do it since the warranty is useless.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Don't own an Echo saw myself, but had always considered them a solid brand.
I'd keep an eye out for an older used Stihl 024 or 026. Rock solid with plenty of inexpensive parts available if needed.

My understanding of a hotter plug is hotter means it is longer and thus protrudes further into the cylinder. I can think of no other issue the rep could be referencing. Anyone understand the logic here?
Hotter also means that the plug transfers heat to the cylinder head slower and runs hotter in the combustion chamber. This could cause detonation which overheats the piston and scores the cylinder, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have never come across that problem for a certain size of plug in the chainsaw world most are 14mm thread & 3/8th length of thread only difference is either washer or tapered seat,sealing the heat range is denoted by the letters/numbers. Could it be that the warranty was declined if one plug was a resistor type & "tother" wasn't. I have never known a plug of the incorrect heat range to cause piston/ring failure,plug failure yes, but not engine damage unless the ground electrode or some other internal part of the plug broke off. To the OP I'd pepper the customer service with E mails & threaten them with the fair trade organization.

Latest posts

Back