Echo warranty a joke, need new saw.

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who exactly did you deal with? The area dist. or Echo?
I would hope it was someone high up. Even a goodwill repair would have gone a long way to helping the gent out. I get bad service I go elsewhere. His dealer is also to blame IMO.

The Echo repair center in Columbus, OH. The guys name was Dave.

Well, in the US, the dealer would deal with the distributor for warranty issues, and the decision would be made there.
So some squawking with Echo Inc. might yield better results.

lol. Just clicked on that, that's the number that offered me a 2.6 oz bottle of oil mix for my trouble and informed me that the service rep has final say.

Never been on Facebook in my life! I sent them an email telling them I would let every chainsaw website and blog know how lousy their warranty is. They never responded. As bad as it sucks I'll probably buy another CS-400. I really feel comfortable using that saw.

I have gotten calls from Husqvarna wanting me to "take care" of a pissed off Lowes customer, because they were tired of getting his calls.

This happens all too often from the big box stores. Be it Husqvarna, Echo or Poulan.. they just want the customer out of the store before people get an ear full of the poor customer service they are getting. I have several toro snowblowers from the depot that were sent out sans oil or put together right..

I apologize to you dealers but my first Echo saw was bought at H... D.... I'm going to start bugging them about carrying a brand that won't honor its warranty, nothing to lose.

Update. Christine, head of (so called) Customer Service at Echo in IL will no longer return my phone calls or emails. And no, I was never crude, rude or abusive. Thanks to Chris R and others here my buddy and I will probably muffler and carb mod our 2 Cs490 and CS400 this weekend and have better saws than out of the box saws. If something goes wrong with them I know our Customer Service will correct the problem. lol Going to keep my eyes open for a good buy on another CS400. Thanks everyone for the help and ideas.

I normally change plugs every couple months when I run stuff a lot. Just to avoid fowling. Just a quirk of mine.
Every couple months? Man, save your money and buy coffee with it. I've run plugs for over 10 years before and in my entire life I've never had a chainsaw plug foul. I have had them quit working but it's rare.

Been told that by quite a few on here with much more experience than I, duly noted and understood. Forget coffee, Cope.

Every couple months? Man, save your money and buy coffee with it. I've run plugs for over 10 years before and in my entire life I've never had a chainsaw plug foul. I have had them quit working but it's rare.

If they foul up there is probably more going on than a bad spark plug. The cause needs to be addressed whether it is the carb. setting or operational techniques or gas mixture.

Just to add on the warranty issue, I think it has a lot to do with your local dealer. I went to mine today and got the CS590 (20% off sale) and asked about problems with Echo honoring the warranty. He said he doesn't have many issues with them but knows more on how to "play the game" so to speak. Even said if I have issues with the 400 I bought is used, if I bring it in he would see if it's still covered and get Echo to fix it. He has been a great guy to deal with so far.

No offense taken, you were a big help. I was referring to my dwelling on it. If it wasn't for the people and advice I would still be whining. Instead I bought a new CS-400 plus a used one and plan on modding all my Echos. Really looking forward to it instead of feeling bad for myself. It has and will be a great learning experience. Thanks to all.

Latest posts

Back