Echo's with rev limiters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, there would be no need for one on any of the top handle reed valve engine models. I you set them to run any sort of rpm no load, they sputter and die out in the cut. They are NOT high speed engines. They are being phased out, at least most of them by the CS-330T and CS-360T, which are piston ported, have catalyst mufflers and rev limiting modules......Cliff

Thanks cliff do you know if the larger units have them or not like the new 530 or 670 etc.?

They have a Slope Advanced Timing Module that retards timing for easy starting, and incrementally advances it so it runs better at high rpms....there is no limiter that I know of.

Ive tached 670's that were way lean and they were hitting 15K+ on the top...no hint of a miss.

So it sounds like there is some definate room to play with then!

Exceeding manufacturers specified RPM levels could have an adverse effect on the performance and life span of your saw.

Just saying.

I turned a few 520's and 670's up with no issues...but ECHO does have MAX rpm psecs they advise us to adhere to, much like stihl, husky, etc..

Agreed!

However I am wanting to just see what the echo is capable of since so many call them boat anchors! I do not know but I beleve that is an unfair statement about echo!

Our muffler modded CS-360T is a very good performing saw. I took it after a beech try a few weeks ago, hundreds of limbs and about 30" diameter at the trunk. I cut up the entire tree except for the main section on one tank of fuel with the little CS-360T. We were on site with a contractor standing by with a 2 helpers and a bobcat. I kept all of them busy loading up wood with one little Echo top handle saw.

I've been using it on almost every outing now for almost a year, and it still hasn't developed a "death rattle"!

I would say that right out of the box it was a TURD. Between the lean carb setting(s) and POS chain they show up with, combined with the rev-limiter, I was ready to toss it down over the hill after 20 minutes of messing with it.

We cut the muffler in half, removed the catalyst, opened up the internal muffler ports (2) to 5/16", bought a real chain for it, and set the carburetor correctly. Awesome running little saw!........Cliff

Our CS-360T has low and high speed mixture screws, as do all of the other Echo saws that we have. The only peice of power equipment missing the mixture screws is the string trimmer, but I don't know the part/model number right off hand?....Cliff

They have a Slope Advanced Timing Module that retards timing for easy starting, and incrementally advances it so it runs better at high rpms....there is no limiter that I know of.

Ive tached 670's that were way lean and they were hitting 15K+ on the top...no hint of a miss.

red just letting you know my echo parts on my store is 80% discounted just letting you know

Latest posts

Back