Eco fan by Caframo to circulate wood stove heat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratso

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently got one from a hospice thrift store and this little fan is excellent. I can't say the room is hotter but the rest of the house sure is.

Seebeck effect device generates the dc power, with one side at close to room temp & other on stove-top.

Got one a few years ago. It worked for much of a season, then it died. Much simpler to run ac power th a little pancake fan, through a timer switch that can be actuated for a variety of intervals, like 15 min. to 4 hrs. Much, much cheaper than the "ecofan".

I've been using an eco fan for many years. It does what I had hoped it would do when I got it. It distributes the heat from the stove into the room. I also can tell from a distance when the stove needs a refill. It is pricey and the motors do wear out, but they are replaceable for around $20. Always glad to run something that doesn't add to my electric bill. I get two or three seasons out of a motor. Don't know if there have been improvements in the newer models; anyone have the new version?
We also have an electric door corner fan to circulate heat to other rooms.
I have a stack fan to aid the poor draw for my shop stove. I use it to get the fire going, and to prevent smoke from getting in the shop when refueling the stove. Once the stove gets going, the draw is OK.

I've been using mine for 11 years. I have 2, one in the house and one in the shop. I couldn't get the shop warm enough to work in till I got on for in there. One reason I like these is they don't make any noise or a breeze. The only time I can hear it is when the motor is going bad. I think the main reason they go bad is they are running non stop for at least 4-5 months. Another reason may be to much heat. I have a tile under mine to keep it a little cooler. So far that seems to be working. I've gone through 3 motors. The last time I needed a motor, I ordered from a electric supply house and got 5 for $20.

Our pantry/laundry room, with a door to the cellar is the farthest and coldest room in the house. My father run 4" duct, from the living room with the stove, through a closet, to the pantry. On the living room end, he put an elbow on it turned up, about an inch off the ceiling. In the pantry, he has it run down to the floor. The pantry is not the coldest room in the house anymore.

He bought one of those Eco fans to put on the propane stove that runs when its too warm for wood. I don't know why though as there is a ceiling fan already running in that room. Its now in the kitchen, mounted just above the wall mounted propane lamp that he got it for a night light.

Latest posts

Back