Efficiency Of Newer Oils!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it weren't for how much I hate how it's marketed I might give it a try! We get Opti threads here quite a bit and a lot of the time the people involved in thread sell the product. Kinda sucks.

I was thinkin' along the lines of a couple people in this thread might be sellin' the stuff...

Gary

I'm far from an expert but my main goal is to find the cheapest price on jaso fd every time I buy more oil. I could care less what brand it is. That and mix it at whatever the saw is meant to run. 93 octane gas, and only a gallon at a time, enough to last a few days so everything is fresh. Haven't had anything blow up yet...

Oh lord how I hate oil threads. I'm only going to say this once so listen closely.

The ONLY oil to EVER use no matter what brand equipment is Stihl HP ULTRA.

BTW, I DO sell it:)

Like I said... they're your saws...

:agree2:

I agree with Gary. Use the oil your saw recommends. I've used Stihl Oil in Stihl Chain Saw's for over 25 years,, and never a problem. The cost is so minute it will not make any difference. In the past year, I have switched to the STihl Utra, and love it.

Wether it's Stihl, Husky, Poulan or who ever these companies don't manufacture oil. Someone has to make it for them. Find out who it is and there is your main source.

Wether it's Stihl, Husky, Poulan or who ever these companies don't manufacture oil. Someone has to make it for them. Find out who it is and there is your main source.

Not that I am anyone that you should listen to, but it doesn't always work quite that way. At least with Stihl, they actually engineer the oil, and then have it produced and bottled for them.

They don't just pick an oil that they like and slam their labels on the bottles.

All kidding aside, I only use HP Ultra synthetic in my personal stuff but I'm sure no one should see problems using any high end fully synthetic oil made for air cooled two stroke engines.

Most folks just don't use enough 2 stroke oil in a year to ever justify this as a place for them to save money!

Geez Gary, that means that I have to carry a gas can with Husky mix and one with Stihl mix when I go out. Homelite is gone as a real company, so I guess I need to toss them.

Nah, think I'll burn up my Mobil then switch to HP, the other saws will just have to adapt.

Mark

I don't see the manufactuers recommended oil vs another makes any difference as long as its a good oil up to par. We have two old 032's at work and some old homelites, and lots of huskys ranging from 10 yrs old to new and we use husky oil in all of them. And if they're was a difference that hurt the saw's lifespan, you'd prob never know it IMO. Cause they're is no timer on the saw that tell's its lifespan, and you can't watch it decrease with a different oil. Car manufactuers have reccomendations too. But that doesn't seem to matter.

Latest posts

Back