Ethanol Gas again.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeRoze

HeRoze

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yea, the Marine Sta-Bil, 1oz /5 Gals is the second best bet (under getting non-ethanol gas) unless one uses the fuel in a hurry. For any time at all sitting in small engines or on the shelf, Sta-Bil Marine is the only chance these little carbs have. Adding the stabilizer is now a part of my 5Gal gas can fill-up routine.

I've seen the difference as a casual small engine user --- lots of clean up this year getting stuff running right again. I'm no more of a slacker with the gas now than I was before, but the carbs are getting gummed up and I'm spending too much quality time with carb cleaner and tear-downs/rebuilds.

WetGunPowder

WetGunPowder

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Ethanol is ever bit if not more hydroscopic as methanol.Either one will mix with gasoline but both mix even better with water and all 3 are heavier than gas.Average weight per gallon of pump gas is about 7#.Water is 8?You can google specific gravity of methanol/ethanol.I belive they are very near water weight.Now, where do u think that ends up in a stationary tank.

AND if you happen to be filling up at your local station when the tanker is unloading-Every thing in the underground is stirred up. Your chances of the pump picking up a slug of water are very good. NEVER buy gas when the tanker is in the parking lot!!!

banshee67

banshee67

Poulan Wild Thang
we have had nothing but 10% ethanol gas here for the last 5+ years, never had a problem with it in any saw or 4 wheeler
the 4 wheeler sits a lot and i take the carbs off before each season and they are always fine, no build up in the bowls, runs great

Last edited:
mooseracing

mooseracing

ArboristSite Operative
I have the biggest problems in my pressure washer and Air compressor. I am constantly taking the bowls off, cleaning form the bottom of the "carbs" (none are like the old style any more) and trying again.

Gets old quick.

thejdman04

thejdman04

Addicted to ArboristSite
The biggest thing too is these gas station owners changing the filters on the pumps. I almost always buy my fuel at Murphy, until one day I went there and the pump was running VERY SLOW, so I tried another pump and it was running slow too. I went inside and asked the attendant what was going on, he said the fuel filters were plugged/iced up and the manager wasn't going to come and change them. I have never had a problem with Murphy fuel, including what little bit of fuel I pumped that day(didn't cause me any noticeable problems), but jsut something to watch out for. Make sure the station is changing their filters on a regular basis.

Chesterewers

Chesterewers

ArboristSite Member
Try living in Illinois. My business is lawn care. I can clean and rebuild a carb in about 45 min, because I have to do it so often. I have to sit at lunch and listen to these rich farmers talk about how great ethanol is, knowing if it was made from coal they would be #####en the loudest. Anybody know why a farmer's hat bill has such a tight curve on it? So their hat won't get knocked off when they stick their head in the mailbox lookin for that govt. check.:laugh:

try buying seed, renting or owning land upkeep on machinery ect. takes a while to get rich farming usually its the fuel producers making it, just heard the other day about gov money going to ethanol plant.

dingeryote

dingeryote

Blueberry Baron
try buying seed, renting or owning land upkeep on machinery ect. takes a while to get rich farming usually its the fuel producers making it, just heard the other day about gov money going to ethanol plant.

It's handout season again, the research subsidys(Welfare) are getting handed out by the billion for Biofuels, and most is for Ethanol, which is a bad joke.
Monsanto owns Obamas punk ass.

Bio-diesel which is viable, gets little attention because of the lack of passenger cars running it here...again thanks to the EPA and the ecofascists.

Thier objective is absolutely clear.
Bring our economy and culture down several notches, centralize it, and fund the growth of the economies elsewhere, in the name of "Economic Justice".

FBHO!

Latest posts