Exhaust redirector for husky 338 style saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Turner

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A guy told me yesterday there is an exhaust redirection kit for the husky 338/9 style saws (and maybe earlier ones, I don't know).

Anyone ever seen one and what can you tell me about what they do exactly?

Thanks.

I made on for a 254XP, five minutes, held on by one muff screw, works.

ive had a couple fitted buy the guy in my local saw shop.....i think they came off the 335??? the 338 does not have one fitted as standard

Is this about the part to the right in square J here - if so it would be a total waste om my 339, as the pretty generous tube outlet isn't anywhere near the top of the cover - it is pointing down and forwards, through an opening in the cover.

Looking at the newest 339xp IPL, it may be different in the US though...:jawdrop:

Last edited:
Is this about the part to the right in square J here - if so it would be a total waste om my 339, as the pretty generous tube outlet isn't anywhere near the top of the cover - it is pointing down and forwards, through an opening in the cover.

Looking at the newest 339xp IPL, it may be different in the US though...:jawdrop:

I'll find out soon, as I ordered one. Along with a 339xpne. Thanks for the PM info, Sawtroll.

This small saw thing is a little addictive once you throw carving bars into the mix. That's three new saws in about a month. 3200, 346 and now the 339.

Small saws with carving bars remind me of go karts. You can drive as fast and crazy as you want without getting any tickets.

Last edited:
The one thing that is not shown in the 339xp IPL is the rim sprocket that is on my 339. I even put on some Dollar Store magnifing glasses and had another look and that's what it's got.

Sawtroll sent me a link to a Husky bulletin that said all 339xp saws come standard with the floating rim starting with serial number 052000001.

My dealer called where he gets his huskies in Reno, and they didn't even know which the saw came with.

But sounds like I will be good to go in terms of a floating rim as I will try all three chain sizes. Probably run 3/8 and 1/4 although I'll try .325 like I do on my other small saws for fun. But 3/8 square is so much more efficient a cutter that it is what I run even on my 220 electric which I run daily (20 inch bar).

From the IPL it looked like I had to order the dog and chaincatcher as an accessory, which I did.

Like most things I'll know if I like the 339 within about 10 seconds of running it. But I felt like trying it based on a particular carver's recommendation that I respect. Other carvers I talked to preferred the 200 followed by the redmax 4000 in this particular size range.

I find tastes are so varied you really never know for sure unless you try something yourself, and I like most of what I see on paper on the 339. Except it's looks.

To use an expression a friend used to say, it's triple battleship ugly.

Last edited:
The one thing that is not shown in the 339xp IPL is the rim sprocket that is on my 339. I even put on some Dollar Store magnifing glasses and had another look and that's what it's got.

Contact bailleys for one. They had on built for my Husky 336 last month. It is the little brother of the 339xp.

Thats the one!,makes a bit of difference on a top handle,was one of my complaints when i got the 338 was hot hands (nearly burnt!) so the dealer gave me that kit which worked to a degree.

Back