Fall 2017 firewood season progression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are getting 140 a face cord for oak and 385 a full cord. 120 for a face cord of mixed and 320 for a full cord of mixed.

WOW, that's good money for a cord of mix!

Best I can get for a cord of all oak (half of that was white oak), was $250 delivered within 15miles. With that price over half the people that called did not purchase and just kept telling me that they can get it of CL for $185/delivered. i just told them, they better hurry up and get it before its was gone.

Priceing has always been all over the board here. Right now, $50 a pickup load is becoming more common. I suspect with the warm weather, sales are pretty low and folks are dropping prices just to sell some wood. Pickup loads are usually anywhere from $65 to $100, depending on long wheel base or short. I bet that if the weather turns back cold, wood prices will jump back up. I was offered a log truck load of logs for $350 just a couple of weeks ago. Maybe 4 cords worth. Actually the $350 price is a bit high for that amount of logs. Last big truck load I bought I paid $400 for and had about 8 cords on it. Bad part about it was the small load came off my neighbors property, they paid to have the trees removed. I would have cut it for the wood if I had known they wanted them took down. I would have cut most of the brush into firewood too, which they have been hand pileing and burning.

View attachment 558253 View attachment 558252
Im ahead of schedule from where I was last year. We have probably 20 cord split already for next year. Just finished up last years logs except for a few that are still frozen to the ground and can't get up. That pile in the picture is next. That was three loads approximately 30 cord, 12 of it is all oak, the rest a mix. Have a month in a half to keep splitting before we switch over to storage sheds for the year. We are getting 140 a face cord for oak and 385 a full cord. 120 for a face cord of mixed and 320 for a full cord of mixed.

I have got to get a conveyor! That looks really sweet! I just keep putting it off, but this spot I'm working in is fairly compact and I just hate to keep hand tossing it higher!

Latest posts

Back