Falling Hot Topic's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Cahoon

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, show us some of your Hot work. Here's some of mine! Feather River Complex Fire. Mike Sullivan and I spent 8 day's on this one. $500 a day and all the smoke you wanted to breathe. Good times had by all. Had to by new boots after cutting this one. Helicopter dropped 500gallons of water, 5 times before I could cut this tree.

Cooking Lunch

Nothing like cooking on a hot open fire. Mike Sullivan, Me, Terry McCracken, and his wife cooking lunch. It was there 20th wedding annv. that day. They camped out in the back of there truck that night. They said it was like old times. I won the farting contest after eating all those beans we cooked.

Rim of the world

Where you near the rim, big bear or arrowhead?

They had 115 firetruck's ready to protect a library while all the orchards burned up.

The county fire chief sure got an earful.

Big Doug Fir

This doug fir isn't black but it was marked to cut! North Fork of the Feather River, Stirling City, Ca. Working for Ericson Hellicopter. Waded across the river, hiked for 45 minutes everyday for 2 weeks to cut this strip of big ones. If you got one in the river it was 3 days in the electric stair. This tree was 61/2 or 7' in dim. Had 17 thousand board feet of lumber and 228' of logs.

Fires

Dan,
No, haven't gone on a fire in 2or3 seasons now!
Jacob J. nice pictures. Lets see some more. And remember who you bash!, It might just come back on you.

Last edited:
that fella under that tree ,,have discovered a new way to get a hairdo cheap. wouldnt say its easy ,,but its cheap enuff. i think ever kid in my neighborhood got one,, now. least thats what it looks like to me.

Re: Big Doug Fir

Originally posted by Dennis Cahoon
If you got one in the river it was 3 days in the electric stair.

??????
Help us folks that don't work in the wood with this one. What is the dreaded electric stair?

:confused:

Back