Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes-"####### mother ####er son of whore ####ing ####balls ratpeckered son of a #####in' mother####ing donkey raping #### eater!!!"

Then you look around to see if your falling partner saw you make an ass of yourself. - Sam

Hell Yeah, brush fit, but you forgot Mother F###in Clown F######

The first time I saw a brush fit was when I was a little kid "helping" Uncle Boyd change the oil in his pickup. The filter refused to budge by way of conventional means so he went to drive a screwdriver through the side of it, he wound up smashing his thumb and getting nasty oil in his mouth and eyes...... I'm pretty sure I started crying because I thought I had done something and was in for a wailing

Urban Fallin'

Uphill leanin basswood. Needed it down hill and between the maple and the mulberry.
attachment.php

Yep a super fat hinge, but I needed it to stay on the stump. I also enjoyed watching it take forever to go over. If it was money wood I woulda cut it off, but it was headed where I wanted it.
attachment.php

Free and clear!
attachment.php

Bucked small to run up hill and loaded in the dumper.
attachment.php

Summer finally showed up this weekend. Upper 90s and HUMID!

View attachment 191126
View attachment 191127
View attachment 191128
View attachment 191129

Yes. Sometimes it's better to sit down and have a sip of water and rearrange the mental. Bad attitude usually equals bad production. For me anyways. When I get pissed, mistakes start to snowball. I used to make a mistake, throw a tantrum, push harder to make up for lost time, and really get in a wreck. Try not to do that anymore........but there are those moments, lol.

Yes. Sometimes it's better to sit down and have a sip of water and rearrange the mental. Bad attitude usually equals bad production. For me anyways. When I get pissed, mistakes start to snowball. I used to make a mistake, throw a tantrum, push harder to make up for lost time, and really get in a wreck. Try not to do that anymore........but there are those moments, lol.

Definately. Its got to be a pretty bad series of events to actually be pissed, even then its just something to make myself laugh. Rushing, getting tense, equipment on your ass-- kill production. Smooth, motion, efficient, in the groove, not getting hung, and not letting it get to you if you have to knock a wedge to get out of a bucking bind, keepin a moving, thats how its done.

I will say that the added "####" at the end of my favorite spasm provides for just the right of amount of absolute crassness, and therapeutic oxygen resupply to get one going again.

Well said. The only thing I ever really accomplished with riggin fits was new dents in my tin hat and sore toes from kicking things.

But, like you said...sometimes you just gotta turn the tiger loose.

I like that " let the tiger loose" an expression here is "loose the head" which I have to say I have been guilty of. However the owner of the land Im working on at the moment has sent his youngest (24) daughter down to work with me so I have keep the tiger in check !! That said she is no stranger to sounding like a salior at times so gives me a good bit of leeway.

Well said. The only thing I ever really accomplished with riggin fits was new dents in my tin hat and sore toes from kicking things.

But, like you said...sometimes you just gotta turn the tiger loose.

I'll start a fight here now. Kicking things while having fits is the only reason to need steel toes on boots.
By the time you lace them up to kick something, the fit need should be over....then you can put on the good boots and get back to work. I believe I've had an idea!

OK, now everybody has to add a pair of boots to what they pack out each day. :msp_smile:

Kicking something hard will straighten your ass up quick!!
My old boss man used to freak the hell out sometimes in the mornings, usually because someone didn't buy oil or or something, or somebody forgot to put the good starter on the pickup. He'd roll out a few minutes of some very interesting dialogue, kick some tractor fluid buckets around and then throw his hands up in the air and say, "I dont even give to #### any more, Im gonna sell all this #### and buy a god damn RV". Then when he gets really down & out he wouldn't say anything at all and just sulk around, thats when you knew not to leave the man be and keep your distance haha!!
He had 2 fake hips and used to take tumbles like OG trees falling, like slow motion he would fall, sometimes 8 or 9 feet down the mountain, then he would do what we called "high steppin" because of his hips he wattled. When you saw him high steppin through the brush you knew you where in for it boy!!!

I'll start a fight here now. Kicking things while having fits is the only reason to need steel toes on boots.
By the time you lace them up to kick something, the fit need should be over....then you can put on the good boots and get back to work. I believe I've had an idea!

OK, now everybody has to add a pair of boots to what they pack out each day. :msp_smile:

Nope. Taking time to lace up your boots takes all the spontaneity out of a riggin fit.

And I already pack enough stuff out every day.

Well, cut some doug fir down yesterday and was too damn embarrassed to take any picks, face cuts were money but I couldn't get my backcuts to do a damn thing, looking down the hill was like seeing the aftermath of 3 drunks playing Jenga :msp_angry:

also learned a few things:

A: heavy head leaners on really steep ground kind go wherever the hell they want when you don't have the balls to use a dutchman

B: an 038 Mag with a 28" bar weighs the same as a 460 with a 32" bar

C: an 038 Mag with a 28" bar and full comp chain is pretty damn slow

D: within the next 40 to 50 years I might have a damn clue as to what I'm doing :bang:

Still would have appreciated some pics. I always get excited to see fresh stumps in this thread.

You'd think that after 200 pages of this thread I'd realize that there is more BS than pics.

Don't be shy. Hell, I just wish I got to cut something down recently! The 660 is collecting dust.... :taped:

Ha Ha Ha
look at that kid!!!

I watch that vid every week, I get real kick out of watching you pump that jack handle and run for your life.

25 yrs old there! I was runnin for my life. Fallin those Redwoods up the hill through all that regeneration...threw back some big ass limbs and I didn't wanna catch one in the guts! Wish I knew then what I know now...I damn near ####ed up on that tree! Just edited that part out of the Video...LOL!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back