Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was all Californy there pard. Here is some Alaska:

197231_1004107742944_1232378057_30007938_3353_n.jpg

Yellow cedar?

25 yrs old there! I was runnin for my life. Fallin those Redwoods up the hill through all that regeneration...threw back some big ass limbs and I didn't wanna catch one in the guts! Wish I knew then what I know now...I damn near ####ed up on that tree! Just edited that part out of the Video...LOL!

What a pup!!
Ah well, I guess I shouldn't tell you I was 23 when I cut my 9'6" Redwood and it had a top on it.
I did the whole thing with half a dozen geezers sharing words of encouragement.
I will tell you that in a panic, I took the wrong way off the springboards, a 12 foot drop into the ferns, with a half twist and a triple tumble. I didn't stop running during the whole preformance, I probably looked like a cartoon.

What a pup!!
Ah well, I guess I shouldn't tell you I was 23 when I cut my 9'6" Redwood and it had a top on it.
I did the whole thing with half a dozen geezers sharing words of encouragement.
I will tell you that in a panic, I took the wrong way off the springboards, a 12 foot drop into the ferns, with a half twist and a triple tumble. I didn't stop running during the whole preformance, I probably looked like a cartoon.

I would have liked to see that. I've made some less than graceful exits from springboards a time or two but nothing to match that.

Will you demonstrate that for us at the next GTG?

I would have liked to see that. I've made some less than graceful exits from springboards a time or two but nothing to match that.

For his second performance of this daring stunt I don't think it will be the ferns and brush going snap, crackle and pop. :hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

The geezers gave me a 9.5, would have been a 10 but the Master dumped an 8 on me

sure enough, find a ten footer for me.

It would be worth it to come just to see that one pard :msp_smile:

bring the whiskey

For his second performance of this daring stunt I don't think it will be the ferns and brush going snap, crackle and pop. :hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

You got that right!

sure enough, find a ten footer for me.

bring the whiskey

You got that right!

Lots of 10+footers nearby me Randy. Of course they're protected....

I'll bring the whiskey for sure. Just don't break anything doing the 12' springboard swan dive. We may need to run some more after the tree hits the ground....:D

Jake, take an extra minute to ax off the rest of that bark around the face and backcut (while looking up a lot ;)). . . That burnt crap is pure carbon, and hard on just about every part of a saw.

That's a respectable tree there, that must'a filled up the truck pretty good.

Is that the Sylvia burn?

Jake, take an extra minute to ax off the rest of that bark around the face and backcut (while looking up a lot ;)). . . That burnt crap is pure carbon, and hard on just about every part of a saw.

Yup. And watch for the big slabs of bark sliding down like a runaway elevator... It'll give you an ass whooping.

Also, that 30" tree was clearly a job for the E-Z w/ 20" bar and full skip. . . You and your overkill! :wink2:

That's a respectable tree there, that must'a filled up the truck pretty good.

Is that the Sylvia burn?

UP Good Creek, after those pics were taken I knocked that junk off the far side, ummm well it sure would've filled up the truck nice:( , it looked dry as hell but part of the way through the back cut I was like "why the #### is my B&C soooo gummed up" :D

also just about swapped knuckles with my step dad that day

UP Good Creek, after those pics were taken I knocked that junk off the far side, ummm well it sure would've filled up the truck nice:( , it looked dry as hell but part of the way through the back cut I was like "why the #### is my B&C soooo gummed up" :D

also just about swapped knuckles with my step dad that day

Jeez, take it easy on your step dad. . . He can't help it. :laugh:

It's amazing how much water those larch snags will hold at the bole! I cut a couple last year, and had to wait for a minute to let the water finish pouring out; it was about a gallon I reckon.

It's still good firewood, just needs split up to dry. . . It's not like curing green, it's just wet dead fiber.

Jeez, take it easy on your step dad. . . He can't help it. :laugh:

It's amazing how much water those larch snags will hold at the bole! I cut a couple last year, and had to wait for a minute to let the water finish pouring out; it was about a gallon I reckon.

It's still good firewood, just needs split up to dry. . . It's not like curing green, it's just wet dead fiber.

Ok he was
A: 1 1/2 hours late to pick us up to head out there
B: fritters around and wasted about an hour just to get to the tree
C: those pics were the most work he did all damn day
D: decides to cut down a tree a long assed way from the road instead of taking 3 perfectly good blowdowns that were literally touching the road
E: grumbles and whines the whole way home about "not being able to get a full load" (by this time it was 7 pm, it was time to leave)

we might have to go snag that badboy up sometime then :rock:

Latest posts

Back