Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colton, you've got to get those saws hopped up man! You could be cutting so much more per day. I don't know if your daywagin or volume or what, but you're missing out big time. I notice you also cut the same wood twice a lot. Not trying to be a **** I just don't like seeing guys waste their time. Things like looking in the brush for an axe, bar wrench, sharpening chains in the woods all add up pretty quick. Those things don't make money. I'm not directing that all at you, just what I've seen in general over the years on here.

I get it man, as long as the boss is happy. It drives me nuts when I know I could be more effcient. Its very easy to become stagnant in production. A guy who ran the skidder for me for a month said thats its like I'm always trying to beat myself. Like I'm in competition with myself. I have a bar I try to raise every day. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. I work alone though so I kind of need that to keep a good pace. I typically cut 4-5mbf plus 4-5 cords every morning (bucking in the woods in 4-5 hours). Then I pick it up in the afternoon. Big timber add another thou or so. Sometimes I out cut what I can pick up with the skidder in the same period of time (4-5). At the end of the day as long as a guy is making money and everyone is happy and safe, thats the main thing.

I get it man, as long as the boss is happy. It drives me nuts when I know I could be more effcient. Its very easy to become stagnant in production. A guy who ran the skidder for me for a month said thats its like I'm always trying to beat myself. Like I'm in competition with myself. I have a bar I try to raise every day. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. I work alone though so I kind of need that to keep a good pace. I typically cut 4-5mbf plus 4-5 cords every morning (bucking in the woods in 4-5 hours). Then I pick it up in the afternoon. Big timber add another thou or so. Sometimes I out cut what I can pick up with the skidder in the same period of time (4-5). At the end of the day as long as a guy is making money and everyone is happy and safe, thats the main thing.
If I got paid by production I could agree with all that you say. But I'm hourly. I've cut for this guy for 7 years and its been working alright.

Colton, one thing you gotta understand is that Bitz has something like 9 kids. He starts the day 3mbf behind the 8-ball, and has to catch up from there:D

Seriously tho, you should check out some of his videos. It doesn't look rushed, but the dude is definitely not ****ing around. If Handsome Mike would ever get around to putting a video up, I'd bet it would look similar, just more handsome.

If I got paid by production I could agree with all that you say. But I'm hourly. I've cut for this guy for 7 years and its been working alright.
Does he ever tell you to look up more? [emoji14]

Seriously though, watch yer videos, there's danger up there bro -- ya gotta look up to see it coming!

[emoji33]

look up...............yes..........i have to do it before i start, i can't while at the stump..........neck to stiff and efed up. i will say it is easier with a wrap and the saw tuned over cutting a higher stump.
don't any body else here have the neck problem?

Latest posts

Back