Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Veneer or not I'd have cut it the same way. I get all kinds of hell if I high stump stuff. And you gotta be careful with that big white oak. Can't get to crazy low cause the grain in the big flair of those real big trees gets real wavy and irregular and will not hold at all. Just breaks rite off and wreaks havoc on everything if your not careful.

Where's the springboard notches?

Had to climb the left one, so I just hung from my rope to get the one on the right, there was sort of room to stand on the left one... sort of... its the one that took the better part of 5 hours to get down. There is a fairly nice house just behind these, and a well house...

Yea that's 4.00 a bft easy.......normally I'd leave the flair on and cut it off after its down but that was a particularly nice stick and I only had a 24 inch bar on and didn't want any pullers. Treeslayer I'm sure you know how white oak can pull and turn a $2000 dollar veneer butt log into a $800 saw log. View attachment 380684

$2000 for a single log? I gotta ship 62 TONS to see that kinda dough.:cry:

I always wondered how the east coast guys come up with their #s. Never seen the high $ #s they always talk about... I just cut them though....
the tree that came off your stump there should have brought 1000-2000 if it was tall and clean. poplar like that had what, 1500 ft in it? export at one dollar a foot or more..........$$$

Back