Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture my old man took Tuesday. He came up for a day and tramped around in the woods with me.

I think there's more, waitin' the picture cd's to be mailed to me.

I know, always wear corks on springboards. But look behind the tree, rocks like that all over. Thank god I had a flat rock to leave the stump on.
35719_408040555886_513110886_5051847_1975699_n.jpg

Your pictures and your work look great buddy! :cheers:

As far as the corks on the springboard... I wouldn't give two squirts of piss to what anyone would say negative about your cutting. Your doing just fine. Keep it up :)

Last edited:
Your pictures and your work look great buddy! :cheers:

As far as the corks on the springboard... I wouldn't give two squirts of piss to what anyone would say negative about your cutting. Your doing just fine. Keep it up :)

Thanks for the good word.

not falling action, but my strip from yesterday, above a little creek up in a holler. cutting >17 in. dbh with openings where appropriate.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Cool pics Hammer! Are those strips tough to start? The snag thinnings I've done around here can be a mother with how tight the canopy can get. It can be tough finding a hole in the green.

Madre

moto_0347.jpg

Took my mom out to the big water yesterday. She caught a really chubby 13lbs. Steelhead. Mom is coming into her own with the salmon/steelhead game. A proud son I am!

You better find them logs!

Burv is the one that said it looks like Cambodia.

We've got hookers to find em for us. And they do. If they don't, its In Trouble City. The old line is, "#### the hookers!!!" We add lots of riging cuts so evertything can pull through the tops easier.

But we don't mean it. Heck, I enjoy hooking every once in a while.
No, its not hard to start a hole, We'll each drop down to more or less the bottom downstream corner of our strip, and find a hole to start with, or make one if we have to :chainsaw: that way when the faller on the strip next to mine gets to his upstream side I'm not throwing trees near him.

A lot more weight in a green tree than snag falling. The momentum helps.

I just wanna tell you guys I enjoy your threads a lot more than the commercial climbing...I'm a tree climber that tops trees in the forest industry as well as does residential tree care. I've learned alot from the climbing thread but also have to wade through a lot of egotistical, holier that thou crap. You guys just offer up info with a sense of comraderie & positivity and don't constantly slag & dis each other's work. More of a team than a group of divas! Figured I'd throw in a picture as well... Not a falling pic, but it was a big ol' cedar snag I had to top...bout 7' on the but with a coon in it...

Burv is the one that said it looks like Cambodia.

We've got hookers to find em for us. And they do. If they don't, its In Trouble City. The old line is, "#### the hookers!!!" We add lots of riging cuts so evertything can pull through the tops easier.

But we don't mean it. Heck, I enjoy hooking every once in a while.
No, its not hard to start a hole, We'll each drop down to more or less the bottom downstream corner of our strip, and find a hole to start with, or make one if we have to :chainsaw: that way when the faller on the strip next to mine gets to his upstream side I'm not throwing trees near him.

A lot more weight in a green tree than snag falling. The momentum helps.

When I first got to the midwest, during exile, I thought that the haze from the humidity was all smog. I'd never experienced it, and wondered what I'd gotten myself into. It is a little bit more comforting to find out the air is mostly wet...just a little.

Now, you made me remember that there is a book called The Happy Hooker.

I just wanna tell you guys I enjoy your threads a lot more than the commercial climbing...I'm a tree climber that tops trees in the forest industry as well as does residential tree care. I've learned alot from the climbing thread but also have to wade through a lot of egotistical, holier that thou crap. You guys just offer up info with a sense of comraderie & positivity and don't constantly slag & dis each other's work. More of a team than a group of divas! Figured I'd throw in a picture as well... Not a falling pic, but it was a big ol' cedar snag I had to top...bout 7' on the but with a coon in it...

Lol I had a coon or two not a lotta fun did he get mean?

Latest posts

Back