Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh only takes a minute or two to add some extra cuts, If I miss the important stuff and don't break the tree, I call it a win, this one did break pretty bad, but I missed a shed full of expensive tools and stuff, so its still a win.:)

Yeah I agree. Anything more than a minute or two at most stumps and I feel like I'm wasting time. When you've got all kinds of stuff to break time is on your side.

0419141705-00-jpg.345469

The shed doesn't look like a massage parlor, still I'd call that a happy ending.

nah, he jus tryin to get more out of um.
bitz they do look punky at the ground.
Yep, a lot faster and easier to throw a conventional in. There was a steep hillside that I put a Humboldt in most of em though. I was buttin pretty often so it didn't really matter either way.

These were from about a month ago when I was home on spring break.

20140320_124343[1].jpg
The stump in the background was the old mans. It was leanin heavy up hill so he let her go that way. Other two are mine. I shortened his stump up so I had room to work.

20140320_125411[1].jpg

Used a siz on this one. uphill leaner. I should have put my face right where the other one was. Pulled farther than I wanted but first time doin a siz and nothing to break.

Working with a bit of locust this week. Went well till I hung a wide crowned b**** up in a soft maple and had to cut 1/2 the hinge wood to get it to come down….only after an earnest attempt to decimate my wedges.

Attachments

• IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0810.jpg
    IMG_0810.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 107
That's an interesting way to stack em. Yep cutting one side of the hinge off when its hung will get it to move. Sometimes cut some of the other side and it will spin on whats left. Sometimes you have to cut that off too. Not moving after that and if its a good butt log, you can usually take a chunk out of the stump to get it to move. Just watch yer tip. Wedges often will not get much done in that situation. The most fun way is to hammer it out of there with another one. If you don't do that right you can make that mess twice as fun though. It takes a while to figure out where you need to hit em and what will break.

Back