Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little off base from the rest of ya, this ones from this morning, not sure if this should go in descriptive or not...
Any way, back leaning cedar, 5' behind where the pic was taken was the crummy, above that power lines.

See if ya's can count the wedges
View attachment 370883
close up of the jack

close up of the jack

husky 20 ton from Slowes or Home gyppo? Got a pair of em for like $175, heavier than a Silvey and a bit taller, but can't beat the price.

Bit of schedule 80 pipe that fits around the top of the jack welded to some 3/8 plate, so far so good, plates could have a tad bigger foot print, its what I had laying around. And I wish the tops where aluminium to save chains, but as it is just be careful.

Clinton! Good to see you mang! That sweet gum looked mighty itchy!
Thanks Mike, I am scared in the woods and often bite off more than I can chew, but take nothing for granted! I might actually have some falling business coming up (finally)

A little off base from the rest of ya, this ones from this morning, not sure if this should go in descriptive or not...
Any way, back leaning cedar, 5' behind where the pic was taken was the crummy, above that power lines.

See if ya's can count the wedges
View attachment 370883

Holy Cow! That looks like cut one tree then..... LUNCH!

did you put any spikes or rough texture on top n bottom
No not really, torch cut the top plate and never ground the slag, usually when the jack is needed is sinks into the wood a fair bit, creating its own traction.

If you look the Silveys they have some texture but its really just feeding fast on a lathe, not a whole lot different then cold rolled steel would give. And the bottom of the jack is cast Iron.

Holy Cow! That looks like cut one tree then..... LUNCH!

actually it was done right about noon... then the climber dude climbed the next one and I mostly got to sit around for a few minutes.

Did I mention this is only a 1/4 acre clear cut with houses and kids on bikes surrounding us?

Latest posts

Back