Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I like about the Flak Jackets. A lot of sunglasses lose clarity in low light. I never have had a problem with those. I'm obviously not going to use them when I'm working in the middle of the night-but they're still okay to use around dusk or in the morning-or, like you guys have said-deep in the woods
I have a set of Flak Jackets for regular sunglasses and there's no way I would of been able to see in the conditions and lighting of a thick thinning. Even bug eye style glasses or goggles don't work because your always bouncing your head up to make sure the top is by passing the trees and making sure it doesn't do anymore damage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

View attachment 458241View attachment 458242View attachment 458243
A little work from this morning

yes sir, dutchmans and sizwheels. been doing alot of both in this stand. they all want the fence line or the smz. so far i only lost one in the smz out of......15 loads i think. i was to late on the wedge on that one, ain't made that mistake no more.
funny thing, i thought these pine being in low ground would hold better, nope, got to do the wheel right or it will break early. no mistaakes,

yes sir, dutchmans and sizwheels. been doing alot of both in this stand. they all want the fence line or the smz. so far i only lost one in the smz out of......15 loads i think. i was to late on the wedge on that one, ain't made that mistake no more.
funny thing, i thought these pine being in low ground would hold better, nope, got to do the wheel right or it will break early. no mistaakes,
Mike I carry one 15" wedge just for that reason I can normally pound it in on a set back tree and it doubles as a wedge pounder.

One bonus to the 15" they are narrow and super thin with lots of lift, normally once I get the 15 and get a little lift I'll throw one of my 12" single tapers in.

nice lookin fir ,bet that is the first sunlight to hit those trees in some time by the looks of the moss wrapped around them .
Not as long as you'd think actually, this is that patches 5th thinning at 65 years of age and what I'm doing is pulling stuff up at or past 32" butts for export.

Back