Favorite Crap saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homelite 300

Great saw if you like hard to start plastic saws. Once it gets warmed up it cuts well but can be frustrating trying to get to that point.

krap saw

any saw i get for free or under 50 saw chips if it runz. i have a pile of junker use sawz that run. i just picked up a mac 10-10 pro no rear lower handle or chain brake, it started right up after several years had the nasty old gas in it. now i have saw for cuttin stumps :))))) :clap:
:givebeer: got this thing called CAD really bad sawz seem to folllow me home . it is starting to be a bad thing when i walk into the local second hand and the local pawn shop and they say you want another saw:clap: just seems that i attract all kindz of weird saw dealz. so i will not ever run out of sawz to violate and ruin:clap:

all good, got one done(the 288g) but need to pressure/vac test for a leak.

the other im waiting on a semi fixed jet for the carb so i can assemble it,make some cuts to time it, get base messurements then pull down and mod.

all parts are clean and ready to assemble.

did you see the 288g in my thread?

Serg

I think the 262 was before I was in contact with you. As for saws not much anymore, sold the Husky 44, and now I've just got a old homelite, and my Efco. I'm gonna buy a new saw pretty soon though, need one for work this fall. Moving kinda took care of all my saws, but I will start getting more soon.:cheers:

Mine was a Homelite XL-76. That Saw was a real pain in the Arse. It was a very frustrating thing to start. You had to pull on the starter rope for a long time, before it would even offer to run. I even replaced the Carburetor Diaphragms, and replaced the Points, and Condenser, with a Ignition Module, and that didn't even help.
That saw was also very Clumsy to use while falling a tree. It was OK bucking with, if the tree was off the ground, but if on the ground, the way the bar was tilted up, you could bet you would hit the ground with it.
I traded it for a Air Tight Wood Stove, I needed for my Shop. Best part of that Chain Saw is that Somebody Else has the Headache. Bruce.

Latest posts

Back