Favorite Sounding Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna 340,45,50 series saws. Crazy top end whine. Sounds like a turbocharger...:rock:

Sachs/Dolmar kms4 .... Love that wankle sound from growing up with Arctic Cat 303 Panther .

I'm glad somebody else posted this saw. I didn't know the model, was just going to say that Sachs wankle saw lol. I got to run one at a gtg in NY, that was a really cool saw.

My favorite sounding saw is the Wild Thing. Sounds like Sam Kinison stumbling into a nest of killer bees! :hmm3grin2orange:

Ditto that 302 from Sprintcar.
Does have a wicked sounding idle for factory equipment!
nothing but an empty, thin wall, flattened expansion chamber with a stubby "stinger" underneath the saw.
on hearing it his first time, a friend remarked "No wonder they named it Echo"

thanks to you guys for turning me on to the "pure-gas" site !!
need to go through the fuel system and see what the old gal sounds like again.

Ditto that 302 from Sprintcar.
Does have a wicked sounding idle for factory equipment!
nothing but an empty, thin wall, flattened expansion chamber with a stubby "stinger" underneath the saw.
on hearing it his first time, a friend remarked "No wonder they named it Echo"

thanks to you guys for turning me on to the "pure-gas" site !!
need to go through the fuel system and see what the old gal sounds like again.

:ices_rofl::ices_rofl:
The 302!!!! How could I forget the 302? They are quite possibly the best Echo ever made.
one would be a blast if ported and stuff. ####ing typos, crap, time for another shot.

I cheated death while running a 302.
Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0004.jpg

there is something about hearing a saw working in the distance

where i live you hear that a lot ,all the neighbors run good size saws 70-90cc i live in a town full of loggers so everyone cuts firewood

Latest posts

Back