Fell it or blow the top out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around here they will only climb for Hofmann's Snappy Grillers. Bulk dog's from the wholesale club won't cut it.

Here is a picture from a parish member who was stopping by.

Around here they will only climb for Hofmann's Snappy Grillers. Bulk dog's from the wholesale club won't cut it.

Ooohhhhh, Hofmann's. I miss those things. It's a requirement that the inlaws bring some whenever this visit in the summer months, or go back to CNY.:hmm3grin2orange:

Ever go to the German meat market on Grant Ave, N. Syracuse? HMMMMMM.

nice drop

Hey Ozy,

Been away from the computer for a few days. Nice drop. I like the photo from the spectator, gives a nice perspective of the size of the tree and how close the building and other trees were.

:cheers:

Lightning damage

My partner and I finished that thing up this morning. Two guys can do a job easily when one can't. We laughed about how fast we could be with a third guy....MB next year's budget. Here are the requested photos; ask the sensitive to turn away before veiwing.

More Damage

Alot of the cookies fell apart as we were cutting. I think what the lightning started the felling finished. Keep in mind it had a huge hinge and was pulled over, so I feel a lot of the damage was present as soon as the thunder got to the church.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics; they show how key it is to inspect for cracks when assessing lightning damage.

It'd be interesting to count the rings from the outside to that black line; maybe the same # of years since construction?

Nice pictures, good decision on removal, looks much worse on the ground than it did standing. Can also see hardly any sap flow, wood looks dry already. Nice work. ;)

Thanks for the pics. They are consistant with typical lightning damage I have seen on other speicies.
Good job.

Nice job.

Thanks for putting all this up, i have no experince with anything of lighting damag....good information

and great deed, doing that for your church like that

haha, and ya 3 men...oo it can all the difference in the world, but so can 2 vs. 1

Latest posts

Back