Felling direction, part 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
felling

scotchguy said:
Hello again and a very merry Christmas to you all.

I have a bit of time off work and would like to tackle this big tree I asked about some time ago. If you search you will find the previous thread called "felling direction".

Having thought about your advice and read some other stuff I don't think this should be a particularly difficult job. I went out and bought three Stihl wedges but when I came to start I realized that none of the stuff I have read told me just how many wedges I should be using for a job. I have therefore posted some pictures of the tree with the 064, 30" bar at the bottom to provide some scale.

So, how many wedges should I be thinking of using to knock this thing over. I have used the method discussed on the previous thread to estimate the height at 63 feet. The stem is at least 40 inches thick at a comfortable working height, possibly more.

Any advice, most gratefully accepted.

All the best, Ronnie.
i wiil try to send some pics of a burnt tree i fell maybee the stump pics will help,you could leave a little more holding wood than this but it will give you an idea what the stump should look like
(ps if you buy my plane ticket i will come fall it for free lol)

Latest posts

Back