Felling notches

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to imagine how many nails, fence, and even steel fence posts my chains have found. I presume many years of running fence line, cutting it after a few years, then running more somewhere else really added up.

It's like having tootsie pops instead of trees...... saw, saw, saw, crunch! :censored:

I have to take down a huge old tree in my parents backyard later on this summer... or around the first part of autumn. I will need plenty of chains... as I remember my brother and I pounding countless nails into the poor thing all over the place. :dizzy:

Gary

I have to take down a huge old tree in my parents backyard later on this summer... or around the first part of autumn. I will need plenty of chains... as I remember my brother and I pounding countless nails into the poor thing all over the place. :dizzy:

Gary
Are they soaking in oil right now.lol You know they will last longer by doing that.:cheers:

Gary

Just pound a few more nails into it and tear along the perforation. :greenchainsaw:

I really do regret how my brothers and I abused some trees in our youth: tree house nails, target shooting backstops, M-80 firecrackers, etc. We sure did have a blast at the time, though!

Just pound a few more nails into it and tear along the perforation. :greenchainsaw:

I really do regret how my brothers and I abused some trees in our youth: tree house nails, target shooting backstops, M-80 firecrackers, etc. We sure did have a blast at the time, though!

We have a 3' oak that's been the back of our shooting range. Its now dead and theirs a lot of tree missing... I'm going to cut it up higher so we can still shoot the stump.
Matt

Back