Few simple questions about what Pro saw for my needs. (researched first)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I missed a good looking 562 XP for $465. I can't get a guy with a like brand new looking 036 pro to call me back ( or e-mail me.) SO I have bought an 036 with fresh new P & C.

The saw should be fine for my fire'wooding. However I have to ask- Are there any "must do it" mods for the 036 that that give a big bang for the buck so to speak? mild stuff that is really worth it or just leave it alone?

Thanks so much!

Take the front cover off the muf, use a die grinder to open the out let as far as it has room to go , but don't go toward the front. Then you have to richen the idle mix. It also helps a lot to set the squish to .020", mine gets set at .015"

Get the muf off the saw before grinding

Last edited:
Take the front cover off the muf, use a die grinder to open the out let as far as it has room to go , but don't go toward the front. Then you have to richen the idle mix. It also helps a lot to set the squish to .020", mine gets set at .015"

Get the muf off the saw before grinding

Your tawkin the outlet port on the CYL yes? open it up to the same "diameter" as the gasket I.Diameter of the gasket? Like you do porting a automotive engine??

Squish??? Educate me please.

Thanks!!

The simplest way to up the power from the 036 is open the outlet of the muffler, that's what I was refering to. Squish is the distance between the piston and the combustion chamber flat surface also called the squish band.

Latest posts

Back