Finally found something wrong with the new 346!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grandpa used the 18" 3/8" Total bar on the Jred 490 for probably 10 years, as his "every day use" saw on the tree farm (it lived in the chainsaw pocked he made in the 3-pt hitch carry-all behind the tractor). I've now got that saw with that bar on it, and it still says "Total" on the bar...

Mike

It really was a reference to how much it's being used, not that's there is anything wrong with the saw. I just hate the cheap oregon bar, it won't hold up long with the amount of use/abuse the saw will get, got to get a spare so when the bar is wore out or bent there's no down time. Thanks to the many that have gave suggestions!

It really was a reference to how much it's being used, not that's there is anything wrong with the saw. I just hate the cheap oregon bar, it won't hold up long with the amount of use/abuse the saw will get, got to get a spare so when the bar is wore out or bent there's no down time. Thanks to the many that have gave suggestions!

Oregon's a very good bar. Best bang for the buck. Cannon is the best bar money can buy though... www.cannonbar.com

Who the heck cares about paint loss?? Probably the same people who repaint mower blades. Never had any problems with Oregon bars. If you keep up with them, mine seem to last just as long as my stihl bars or GB bars. The only Oregon bars I have ever had that had an excessive ware rate were the narrow kerf bars if you ran non-narrow kerf chain on them. My 2 cents.

Back