finally got a stihl ms361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTsplitter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
finally got a stihl ms361 to go with my ms 260 pro. love my 260 but the 361 is a monster and only a couple pounds heavier, must be near the top of power for a light saw, am so glad did not get the 390

Cool...I'm thinking about getting one with my tax refund. I've been "borrowing" an MS310 for 2 years and I'd like to stay with Stihl given my experience with this saw and the availability of parts and service really close to home. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it? New/used?

That didn't take long ,dang this website! I had to get a ms441 hope I'm done for a while, probably not......cad afflicted....Lanny

Welcome to the site and welcome to the 361 club! :) :greenchainsaw:

Enjoy your stay, I hope you have alot of self control... CAD is very contagious!

Cool...I'm thinking about getting one with my tax refund. I've been "borrowing" an MS310 for 2 years and I'd like to stay with Stihl given my experience with this saw and the availability of parts and service really close to home. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it? New/used?

New for 609.00 but I had a 25% off coupon to the local hardware store, so with tax came to about 480.00 something

New for 609.00 but I had a 25% off coupon to the local hardware store, so with tax came to about 480.00 something

25% off!!!!!! Dang! I would go and get myself a 460 or 660 if I had that kind of discount!

Welcome to the wonderful world of the 361!!!!

wishI had that kind of discount when I bought my 880, they cut me a good deal but not 25% :yourock:

Enjoy the saw, we want pics and you got a good deal IMO :cheers:

Lucky man you are..

With that kind of a discount I would just have to buy yet another saw... just too good of a deal to pass up. :greenchainsaw:

you got the best price on a 361 I have heard of.

congrats :cheers:

25% off!!! I think the girl behind the cash register is going to get a talking too from the boss for that sale! I have to think they sold it for less than their cost. Fantastic Deal. Welcome to the club!

I think you're right. There's usually that fine print on the coupon/promotion that excludes certain products or limits the discount to a certain total amount.
Nevertheless, what's done is done! Congratulations, CTsplitter, on the great deal. :clap: :cheers:
If you didn't buy one at that price, we all would have given you negative rep! ;)

Stihl MS 361

MS 361 Rocks!
StihlMS3613.jpg

Thats a great price!

I am getting ready to purchase 2nd saw...looking at the 361..and price is exactly as you quoted $609. THought I would be doing good if I get dealer to throw in a extra chain and some oil. Now if I could find that coupon and that girl behind the counter...oh well

Me Toooo.....

I just bought the used 361 from davefr in the tradin post. The tax return wasn't big enough for the new one. Why do those kids have to turn 17? They cost me more as they get older!! Stupid a** tax code! Anyway I'm just as happy and so is the wif.

Millman

:cheers:

Thanks everone for the welcome and the kind words, I will get pics soon , I put the 361 to work today on some very large Ash, and it performed great. There was a lot of fine print on coupon, i never read that crap.

I am thinking of doing the mod to ported exhaust, how do you feel about the Mod?

wishI had that kind of discount when I bought my 880, they cut me a good deal but not 25% :yourock:

Enjoy the saw, we want pics and you got a good deal IMO :cheers:

I love this 361, this is my new baby i promised to post picture of
saws.jpg

Back