Finally got to put the 046 in some wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuzzy

Trail Gnome
Reaction score
Well, the conditions weren't optimal, and the log was woefully undersized from what I'd like to run the saw in... But at least I finally got to run my new saw in some wood :chainsaw: There were some bigger trees down but one was partially rotted through and the others were not easily able to get in a safe propped up cutting position on the hillside. I still would like someone more qualified than I to listen to and possible tune it, but will probably wait until after my dual port comes in next week.

And yes I know I'm a horrible human for not wearing any protective gear :cry: I promise I'm getting all new chaps/hats soon.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QoAU3PJSHZI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QoAU3PJSHZI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Alright, flame away at everything I did wrong :dizzy: :D

Wait until your DP cover is installed to retune. If you dont have a tach, you may want the dealer to set it. Max rpm is 13.5K. 13.5-13.7 should be ok.

I see a 3 saw plan in your future, a 260 or 361 maybe?

I think you should get some ppe minimum safety glasses. I think you have a fine saw and looks like it runs very well.

You forgot to say how you like it?

I'm in love :biggrinbounce2: I just need to learn it's behavior and limitations and best techniques for cutting with it :clap:

I see a 3 saw plan in your future, a 260 or 361 maybe?

Very definitely will be getting more saws. Just don't know when :cry: With buying a house in a month, money will be tied up in projects for a while. That being said, I'll just have to see the wear and tear the 046 puts on my body in a day... That could be the difference in running a better saw in between my 021 and 046, or putting a shorter bar on the 046 and getting something bigger :rockn:

Ah hell, I'll prolly end up with both :D

I think you should get some ppe minimum safety glasses. I think you have a fine saw and looks like it runs very well.

The bad excuse is I have some and couldn't find them cause they're already packed for our move. I will be buying chaps and a helmet with screen and ear protection. Back in my landscaping days I wouldn't do anything without them.

Back