finally got to run 2 tanks through my 361 today WHAT A POS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice glad you like your 361. Got mine brand new in 09 and I dont see myself ever selling it. I havnt touched my carb did you richen up the idle a bit? I just cleaned mine all up yesterday and put a new chain on it so its ready to rip next weekend.

Very nice glad you like your 361. Got mine brand new in 09 and I dont see myself ever selling it. I havnt touched my carb did you richen up the idle a bit? I just cleaned mine all up yesterday and put a new chain on it so its ready to rip next weekend.

i did an MM and trimmed the limiters,, I had to richen both sides up

Nice ide like to do the muffler mod on mine eventually. Was it pretty noticeable to you the difference?

the 361 is great saw just its in odd spot. if you need a big saw you get a big saw if you want a small saw 20" and under you look at the 50cc saws . its just odd placement. and i realy do feel for the price and performance the 361 is over rated.
however on the flip side i do have a few 60cc saws, ive got my little 034super that is mildy ported that will flat out haul the nails with the 20" bar barried and my 359 husky that ive ported, both are great saws . but they rarely getn taken to mtn because i cut alot of big wood

like this. trees like this i limb with my 026 and buck with the 066 the 440 i have is even stadning on the sidelines most the time.
_MG_8570.jpg

wifes been doing quite abit of limbing, even though alot of times i can out imb here while packn the 66
_MG_8500.jpg

my 026 is one awesome saw, this tree is right to bar tip

this saw cost me 300 maybe 350 cant rember for sure but thats quite alot cheaper then a new 361 and it was like new when i got it. i wouldnt trade this saw for any 60cc saw on the market.
_MG_5105.jpg

its only saw i have that i havent ported and it just keeps on getn er done its also the cosest to new saw that ive ever bought. i didnt even have to rebuild it to get it to run right. shined like a new penny.

just comes down to prefrence on what you cut small wood with a 50 or 60cc. most lean 60 if they think theyre wood is bigger
Do you have a fully adjustable carb on yours? What size bar and chain setup?

Well.....that was a good read. I've only got one saw and it's the 361 and I love it! Possibly the one thing that's gotten me interested in Arboriculture. If I started with some garbage saw that didn't run I'd hate doin wood and that would suck because we do alot of it in these parts! I think my next saw will be a husky just to see what I like more and see what all the fuss is about. :cheers:

just picked up my brand new 361 two days ago, full wrap, port and polish and full muffler mod. put on a 28" bar and a loop of skip 3/8.. still going easy on it breaking it in, another tank or two and ill switch over to full synthetic

not putting the spurs to it just yet but this thing wails... sounds awesome too. ill take a pic or two today if anyone is interested.

long bar yes, but cutting mainly softwoods... and i am tall so saves bending over for limbing.

very happy with this purchase

now were talking, ported 60cc with 28" sounds awesome

my 026 is fixed h carb with muffler mod done in steps to tune the hside

Well.....that was a good read. I've only got one saw and it's the 361 and I love it! Possibly the one thing that's gotten me interested in Arboriculture. If I started with some garbage saw that didn't run I'd hate doin wood and that would suck because we do alot of it in these parts! I think my next saw will be a husky just to see what I like more and see what all the fuss is about. :cheers:

Hey Youngbuck, tell me more about your sig.... :popcorn: I am just curious what flanders means to you..

Hey Youngbuck, tell me more about your sig.... :popcorn: I am just curious what flanders means to you..

Why? It's a poem written by Major John McCrae a Canadian doctor. I am very patriotic and I have alot of respect for those who fought for my country. Why does this question seem like it's a joke or somethin?

Why? It's a poem written by Major John McCrae a Canadian doctor. I am very patriotic and I have alot of respect for those who fought for my country. Why does this question seem like it's a joke or somethin?

No joke at all.... the Flanders fields are in my backyard, that's why I was wandering. Not many know about the great war details on belgian soil.

In flanders fields, where poppies grow...;)

How do the limiters come off? I prob should remove mine since I plan to mod the muffler.

line the tabs on the limiters up with the notches,,take a 3 inch deck screw and screw into the limiter and pull the limiter off the needle,, trim the tabs off the lmiter and put them back on

mine is fully adjustable since i took the limiters off,,i'm running a 20 b/c

I was wondering about the other guys 026 haha.

On the 026s some of them came with no High end needle. Im about to fix that though......

Latest posts

Back