fire wood saw report after some cut time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
figured id throw out what ive found after cutn a few cord with the 026 359 and 044.

when i first got started i had the 044 up and running and made it my firewood saw with 28" bar, this saw realy rips. it cuts fast bucks fast and limbs fast. in big wood 24 25" it is the saw to use.
but i soon tired of loading big wood in the truck cut to 16" rds and started cutn 20" or so sized trees. 28" bar was kinda pita buckn tryn to make sure the tipp stayed out of the dirt.

so i grab the 026 figured id give it a run for its money in 20" wood. this saw is wearing 18" bar. it handles great is fun to limb with and bucks decent. i noticed cutn the full lenght of the bar that it would make big difrence in cut speed if the wood was dry if it was wetter it would slow in the cut. its wearing lgx chain. for all around buckn firewood cutn to 20" this saw work incredibly well and is about as light as it gets packn this much grunt.

so on fell one more 20" tree with the 026 bucked a few rds just over bar size and took break had drink and came back packn the ported 359 wearing full skip rslk chain. man was the 359 fun to buck with im sure its more than twice as fast as the 026 in the wood wearing the 20" bar.
a ported 359 is the saw to have if you want a super fast fairly light weight firewood saw.

ive also noticed my mood plays role in wich saw i crawl up the mtn with to start felling and buckn trees. ive found its to much of pain to fell then buck and limb with difrent saw. so i usualy do it all with one.

my hinge is getn better to. my first hing wasnt bad it was 24 25" tree used the 044. this tree was very steep hillside above the rd and jumbed 30 feet or more off the stump as it got horizantal. never have i seen tree jump so far off the stump

anyways now i realy gota get the kids

Evan

will be getn 25" bar for the 044

Latest posts

Back