Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My dad evacuated from Hidden Valley Lake yesterday - he said that there was a house on fire about 100 yards from his when he left. The power was out so he had to leave his garage door open.

He only had enough time to throw a few things in his motorhome and then was stuck in traffic on Highway 29 headed towards Lowerlake.

I have not heard yet if his house perished or not.

I was too busy figuring out how to get all the pieces in place. There was no internet until I was in my motel in Middleton (I think that was where it was anyway) and by then I had it under control. I always pretty much expect that every road trip is gonna come with a bit of chaos so this was a hassle and an expense but nothing to get too worked up over.

We would have been glad to help you with your problems. Well, maybe not all of them...the lower digestive tract incident, you would have had to handle that all by yourself...but we could have given you a hand with the car stuff. We would have stayed up-wind from you but we would have helped. And we wouldn't have taken pictures or laughed. Much.

Go with a kilt, then the only thing to worry about is a strong gust of wind, or midgets.

Gotta disagree. If he starts sporting a kilt the rest of us have to look at his legs. I don't know if we're ready for that or not.

Back