firewood prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolfreak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the rest of the country but around here people buy wood by the pickup load, ranging from $60 to $75 avearge. I was thinking about selling it for $50 a pickup box full unsplit. I really dont need the money but I have to have something for the fuel,chains,oil, and general wear and tear. Does this sound fair or am I out of line?:D

Dave

Hard to quantify, all the prices I know are for split wood. I'd say start high and lower your price until you get the sales you want.

Every state has and sometimes enforces laws concerning the description of firewood. By law you cannot sell it by the pick-up load or any other volume description except the full cord or portion thereof. Even if you sell bundles of wood you have to say that they are 1 128th of a cord if they are 1 cu ft bundles. If you advertise wood for sale by the "face cord" or "running cord" or "rick" or whatever, other than mentioning the measurement as part of a full cord (128 cu ft) then you could be prosecuted by the state. And they will look up your address when somebody complains. Just a "heads up" to all you firewood merchants.:)

CbaileyBG said:
We have a logger in Bertie Co., NC selling Truck loads of firewood for $25.00 a load. All oak and such. Which he has a huge logging yard. Pretty good deal.
25.00, what are you talking about. this is a fubar post.

Latest posts

Back