First Rigging Job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You still painted a pretty good image in my mind.

I just finished up a session with a student. Today was his second time at actually going up a tree. It was a scraggly Black Locust with some vines. His tip was only 12 to 15' from the top. All the way up and inspect his tip. Maneuvered to each of the 3 main stems. Up and down on his friction hitch, including an inverted hang. He was looking pretty fair moving around up there. Very little 'hugging' took place.
Someday in the future, he will probably be cursing my name as well.

Black locust? Dude, yer mean.

Sounds like ya got a student with a head for the game, makes you look good.

How many guys are you instructing, mentoring and advising personally? Good on you for the time and effort.

Dblack, hope to hear more from ya. I'm sure VA gave you plenty to chew on. Go slow, safe first.

Did that on purpose. The first climb in the Magnolia was supposed to be fun. Yesterday, we both wanted to find out if he could deal with something more realistic to tree work. He doesn't want to spend money for gear, if he can't hack it up in the air. The Locust is next to my shop and was handy for the purpose. He went up that tree multiple times! He knew it wasn't supposed to be fun, but he still seemed to enjoy himself.

^ And that I did rick, although I did get a little cut up. Hanging upside down was the highlight of the climb! Now if only I can get more free time to climb more. Nemus, va sawyers shop is only 10-12 min from my house so it works out pretty good. My only problem is free time.

Back