Fleabay deadbeat . . .need advice and to vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E&R_firewood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
a month ago, i pitched in the winning bid on a stihl 031AV. When the wife saw the paypal transfer on our joint checking account, i was rather severely informed that chainsaws for myself are not a top priority purchase, but i brushed it off knowing that when that oil soaked cardboard box arrived on my front porch, everything would be OK in my little world! Well i am still awaiting that parcel and the seller refuses to respond to my emails, refuses to respond to the dispute i initiated via paypal. i understand sometimes you forget, sometimes you can't make it to the ups or fed-ex drop off . . .so i e-mailed the seller four times asking questions in a friendly manner . . . no response. i sent a final e-mail as fair warning that if i received no response within a week i would open a dispute . . . still nothing . . .saturday i opened a dispute, the seller has not responded to the dispute. i have been lucky on fleabay and never needed to open a dispute before, just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on the most effective course of action from here on out. i dislike the idea of turning the case over to paypal completely to decide, but i also dislike that the second i won the item i paid for it and this dude somewhere has a sizeable chunk of money from my bank account, and i've nothing. thanks

Last edited:
I have the same problem but on a smaller scale. I purchased a chain brake handle for my MS200T in November and have still not recieved it? I sent the ebay seller many e-mails and no reponses. I opened a dispute and still no response yet? Not sure what else to do? I am going to do some more digging and if I come up with anything I will keep you in the loop.

Tino ;)

I feel your pain. I bought a bar,chain and cover a while ago. Waited and waited,emailed seller and he said sorry he forgot. Waited longer and no dice. Tried to contact and no good. Filed Dispute and got my money back. The dude just dropped off the earth. Another story I sent some glass,my mistake, to a guy and it broke he emailed me and I never got it. Neg feedback cause he couldnt get in touch with me. Not sure what happened Oh well.;)

All the "still nothings" tend to make me think you should give it short while more...

There's more here than meets the eye.

Gotta' link to the auction? I'd like to see it.

You should contact paypal I have had to do it once and pay pal was very quick to respond. I believe they give the person 2 weeks after the auction ended to either send the item or respond at 3 weeks if you have not gotten anything they will freeze his account till they get it settled. It took me about a month to get my last adventure over but I did get my money back and paypal was very helpful though out the whole ordeal.

You should contact paypal I have had to do it once and pay pal was very quick to respond. I believe they give the person 2 weeks after the auction ended to either send the item or respond at 3 weeks if you have not gotten anything they will freeze his account till they get it settled. It took me about a month to get my last adventure over but I did get my money back and paypal was very helpful though out the whole ordeal.

I agree with Dan. It sucks that sometimes you have to be like that, but you need to cover your own @$$!!!

It's been a month, no excuse's. File with paypal right now and hope he has some money in his paypal account.

If he don't your probably screwed, if you paid from your checking acct. Ask me how I know.

I just recently had to file a dispute over a non paying bidder and this new system for sellers pretty well sucks.

Like said get his personal info from Ebay and call him up.

It has been a month and he has not contacted you or sent the saw. You really need to get paypal involved if you wait to long then they might be able to help you. I think you are well within your right to get them involved he has had more then enough time to make it right.

small change....

yes indeed i was mistaken on end date, the fifth of december . . .so perhaps i am jumping the gun on calling it a month or more . . nevertheless even the usps could have had that thing delivered by now, and if no, why not respond? check out the seller question and answer box on the auction seems he was trying to make some kind of sweet side deal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back