Fleabay deadbeat . . .need advice and to vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a thought

email the seller before bidding and ask questions and add your PERSONAL email. not fleabay. if they care enough to respond to your personal email..then you have their personal email..a lot can be done online to a persons personal information. like finding out where they live!!! send a couple back and forth personal and feel the person out. I have gotten 1 rotten saw off fleabay..but the seller played dumb..I suppose it could run...not right though..you get what you get. just a thought.

Man that SUCKS!!!! It makes us honest eBay sellers look bad and I wish there was some way to weed these crooks off the site. There is absolutely no excuse for him not answering your emails. Did you check his feedback before you placed a bid? I always ship my items out within 24 hours and send the buyer an email with the tracking number, most good sellers do. Like the others have said, I'd file a complaint with paypal.

Man that SUCKS!!!! It makes us honest eBay sellers look bad and I wish there was some way to weed these crooks off the site. There is absolutely no excuse for him not answering your emails. Did you check his feedback before you placed a bid? I always ship my items out within 24 hours and send the buyer an email with the tracking number, most good sellers do. Like the others have said, I'd file a complaint with paypal.

I go to ebay to buy what I need, not to lose money to bums

His feedback was very respectable. Paypal transactions are protected and you should get your money back. If by chance you paid with a Credit Card, most CC companies also protect your purchases and can get your money back.
Just keep checking the status of your claim, something will come of this, hopefully you will get the saw.
TFB

I always get the Police or AG from the sellers State involved.

That is stealing anyway you cut it. Screw ebay

Over the years I have some interesting tales to tell, but never lost money.

Very few Police departments or Attorney Generals will take real action on a crime involving an $80 chainsaw... I had a fairly new saw stolen from me in town, and I knew who did it. I called the cops and they asked the value, I told them $550. They took a report and that was the end of it. They told me very little can be done unless the goods are worth a felony theft charge, which here is $600+.

I eventually got the saw back by contacting a 'biker' friend of mine who asked around and threatened to crack some crackhead skulls...I paid him a $100 reward.

I've contacted the Post Office also regarding transactions paid via postal money order, and they've told me something similar. If it doesn't involve at least $750, they're probably not going to do too much. They have plenty of 'serious' crime to investigate.

i've always had great luck, bought lots of saws and lots of parts on ebay . . . never a problem/ the dude has 100 percent feedback, makes me fear maybe the guy suffered some kind of family tragedy or something and i am being a real jerk worrying about my saw, but the other half of my person feels frustrated and angry at possibly being ripped off

Very few Police departments or Attorney Generals will take real action on a crime involving an $80 chainsaw... I had a fairly new saw stolen from me in town, and I knew who did it. I called the cops and they asked the value, I told them $550. They took a report and that was the end of it. They told me very little can be done unless the goods are worth a felony theft charge, which here is $600+.

I eventually got the saw back by contacting a 'biker' friend of mine who asked around and threatened to crack some crackhead skulls...I paid him a $100 reward.

I've contacted the Post Office also regarding transactions paid via postal money order, and they've told me something similar. If it doesn't involve at least $750, they're probably not going to do too much. They have plenty of 'serious' crime to investigate.
I beg to differ with you, I have always had good luck getting either money or the goods sent to me.

talk to paypal theyll take care of you. i dot screwed buying a friggin car the car was totally misrepresented it took a while and i has to tell my story prolly 5 times but i got my money well minus 40 buck for paypals trouble.

talk to paypal theyll take care of you. i dot screwed buying a friggin car the car was totally misrepresented it took a while and i has to tell my story prolly 5 times but i got my money well minus 40 buck for paypals trouble.
My wife had her ebay account taken over one time by a crook out of Calif.
He had 2 Lexus cars on ebay at a dirt cheap price, when we regained control of the account.

yeah, it is only 80 bucks or so, $107 with shipping but that is nearly a day's wages for me and with making the bills it is a lot of money to me. not going to involve the police or anything to that extent, just attempt to communicate and resolve and hopefully come to an agreeable end

yeah, it is only 80 bucks or so, $107 with shipping but that is nearly a day's wages for me and with making the bills it is a lot of money to me. not going to involve the police or anything to that extent, just attempt to communicate and resolve and hopefully come to an agreeable end
We always like to think the best of people, when the truth is most see just how much they can get by with.
It not the amount of money involved it is the idea of the thing.

Hey E&r

not to sound like a sissy or a snitch..but if someone broke into your house and stole your woodburner..would you file a police report..likely they are gonna get $50 for scrap. you have to earn your money and made a sacrifice in your budget to buy the best friggin saw in the world. why would you not at least make a report. You pay the police officer salary. Not to say that police do not earn enough..my BIL is a cop. but that is their job. maybe you can get lucky if someone stole it. Officers have at their leisure to check out certain places or to goof off..maybe you can find the one that has a STIHL in his garage and values it like the rest of us. Regardless of what you do..your wife is gonna be pizzed if you paid for something and didn't get it. lesser of 2 evils brother..good luck

Latest posts

Back