Flipped the tractor.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yikes, i came close the other day pulling at to much angle with the winch... i knew better.

learned that lesson the hard way about 25 years ago. broke right leg, compound fracture of the right arm (steel plate ) and a ruptured gull bladder.... only takes a second or less? was/did pulling from the lift from the 3 point and dropped a hitch, which caught a stump not knowing along with shifting into a higher gear going up hill from a soft spot!!!! in a hurry? lesson learned or two....

I found out real quick to move my adjustable hitch point below the center line of the rear axle on my little tractor. Didn't eliminate the problem, but it was a god damn deathtrap beforehand... :laugh:

Friendly reminder to cover the clutch & throttle when hauling a big load & the front end starts feeling light; once the tractor pops a wheelie, there's about one second to figure out what to do before things go south.

Thanks for the advice. Next time I see somebody trying to skid real logs with a rig that's basically one step above a riding lawnmower and totally unsuited for the job at hand and being driven by an amateur with more ambition than good sense I'll remember your words of caution. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice. Next time I see somebody trying to skid real logs with a rig that's basically one step above a riding lawnmower and totally unsuited for the job at hand and being driven by an amateur with more ambition than good sense I'll remember your words of caution. :rolleyes:
Listen, you arrogant pr**ck: hauling a trailer of oak with a heavy tongue load, everything's fine until one of the trailer wheels goes in a hole - soft ground. Tractor does a wheelie. No one's around to tell me what I don't know; gotta learn it on my own. So "I have a potty mouth".

Listen, you arrogant pr**ck: hauling a trailer of oak with a heavy tongue load, everything's fine until one of the trailer wheels goes in a hole - soft ground. Tractor does a wheelie. No one's around to tell me what I don't know; gotta learn it on my own. So "I have a potty mouth".

Learning on your own is fine...if you survive the lessons. A little common sense goes a long way. You should try using it sometime. Or not. Your choice entirely.
Good luck.

Learning on your own is fine...if you survive the lessons. A little common sense goes a long way. You should try using it sometime. Or not. Your choice entirely.
Good luck.
If you don't have anything constructive to say other than lecturing about common sense, just shut the f**k up. I'm outta here.

Since moving to a 4wd tractor, my blood pressure has gone down a bunch. Haven't used that big-assed winch I bought when I had the 2wd. Who knew tractors got stuck in the mud so much?

If you don't have anything constructive to say other than lecturing about common sense, just shut the f**k up. I'm outta here.

Try posting in the Homeowner Helper section. It's more your speed and maybe they'll be nicer to you when you do something dumb.

003.jpg i have the problem of keeping my back drivers down when using the bucket and tongs. but with anything if your not paying attention thats when you pay.

Everybody? Mine is a cheapest I could find and have an engine pusher. Takes over an hour to cut the grass, and alders. I don't do any skidding with it.
My lawnmower eat some landscaping blocks and the flower garden :ices_rofl:

Attachments

• brush cutter.jpg
    brush cutter.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 45
Back