Flipped the tractor.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like Gologit has never been around a farm. Many farmers and farmkids have gotten killed over the years flipping their tractor, even with the big tractors. But an arrogant fool like you wouldn't know that.
Philip Wheelock has posted a very good reminder to be careful operating a tractor.

If you were on my crew I'd fire you. You are a danger to yourself and everyone around you. If you actually had the experience you claim to have, you would know better than to make fun of someone for posting a serious safety issue.

Calm your tits. It'd be a perfectly fine reminder in the farmer logger firewood forum.

Sounds like Gologit has never been around a farm. Many farmers and farmkids have gotten killed over the years flipping their tractor, even with the big tractors. But an arrogant fool like you wouldn't know that.
Philip Wheelock has posted a very good reminder to be careful operating a tractor.

If you were on my crew I'd fire you. You are a danger to yourself and everyone around you. If you actually had the experience you claim to have, you would know better than to make fun of someone for posting a serious safety issue.
And just what is your "crew"? Pretty harsh accusations. What is your experience in log skidding? Or even logging for that matter?

If you were on my crew I'd fire you.

If I were on your crew I'd quit.

Like SlowP pointed out, this is the F&L section. I"m sure that Philip Wheelock meant well but his message should have been delivered in some other forum. We constantly get well meaning but basically clueless individuals, such as yourself, who come wandering in here and start advising us how to conduct ourselves.
We don't mind taking advice from our peers or from people with more knowledge and experience than we have. We tend to resent week-end warriors, wannabes, and other self proclaimed experts who lecture us on subjects with which we're already familiar.

We don't mind answering questions and when you've been here long enough to read some old threads you'll see that. Just don't expect us to have a lot of empathy for a rookie who makes a dumb-ass mistake and then gets on here to caution us against being as careless and unskilled as he is.

There are other sections on this forum for people who play...dangerously...with farm tractors.
This is Forestry and Logging. We like to stay somewhere close to the professional level that the name suggests.

Now that you're finished being a jerk, take a hike.

I was hoping to make it down to the GTG in June, but now that I know Bob is a danger to himself and everyone around him, I'm not sure I want to take that risk! My kids need their dad.

If I were on your crew I'd quit.

Like SlowP pointed out, this is the F&L section. I"m sure that Philip Wheelock meant well but his message should have been delivered in some other forum. We constantly get well meaning but basically clueless individuals, such as yourself, who come wandering in here and start advising us how to conduct ourselves.
We don't mind taking advice from our peers or from people with more knowledge and experience than we have. We tend to resent week-end warriors, wannabes, and other self proclaimed experts who lecture us on subjects with which we're already familiar.

We don't mind answering questions and when you've been here long enough to read some old threads you'll see that. Just don't expect us to have a lot of empathy for a rookie who makes a dumb-ass mistake and then gets on here to caution us against being as careless and unskilled as he is.

There are other sections on this forum for people who play...dangerously...with farm tractors.
This is Forestry and Logging. We like to stay somewhere close to the professional level that the name suggests.

Now that you're finished being a jerk, take a hike.

Well said !! Very eloquent and thought out . This conveyed everything I would have wanted to say... I'm not sure my" go crap in your hat ya dope " would have carried the same meaning . God knows common sense isn't everyone's strong point. We all do stupid things. The trick is to know your doing something stupid before you hurt yourself. Advice that you can hurt yourself doing something carelessly with the incorrect piece of equipment isn't very helpful. If someone needs this advice they should probably no play with anything not made out of playdoe . On a side note never use a running chainsaw to trim your toe nails or cut your hair .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping to make it down to the GTG in June, but now that I know Bob is a danger to himself and everyone around him, I'm not sure I want to take that risk! My kids need their dad.

C'mon down anyway. You'll be missing out on a great time if you stay home. I spend most of the time sitting in a lawnchair and not messing around with dangerous machinery. If I get out of line SlowP hits me with a rolled up newspaper.

Oh lordy, two mentions of ..... (spit on ground) Farmer Logger. The mideast will be comin' fer us with pitchforks. :laugh: And tractors.

Naw, not me. Just put a new handle on the pitchfork. Cost of a good stick these days, I can't risk it using it on just anything.

Phillip, go on over to TractorByNet. There's people there that can give some good advice on using a lawn mower to do things it shouldn't. You wouldn't like my advice, anyhow. I'd tell ya to buy a tractor.

Garden tractor drivers are the most ambitious on My Tractor Forum. Myself, I just operate with the rated capacity of my lawn tractor in mind. I love to run saws more than the tractor, so my firewood ends up being quite short.

Now boys, and girl, you shouldn't complain about farmers with you mouth full. Tractors have there place, in fields. Skidders live in the woods.
LOL with neither being any better than the operator using them for what their not intended for as a steady occupational piece of equipment.... just imagine a pnw logger, trying to cultivate a field using a john deer or a franklin skidder to sow his/her mighty oat fields?? LOL just imagine!

Not saying I'm much better then a weekend warrior, but for Fryja's sake you insult one farmer and even then it wasn't real bad, the whole damn herd of em get angry...

There's the problem with loggers and (hack spit) farmers, the damned farmers outnumber us...

OH NO! Now along with the pitchforks, they'll be packing their shovels! You've upped a just plain (spit) to a (hack spit)! We are doomed to endless lectures about fud and where it comes from--California!

As far as keeping Gologit in line, and making him think safety, just say one word at the GTG--pie. Doesn't have to be said loudly or even firmly. Pie.

Yes, as you can see, 2dogs was terrified of working with him. Gologit's the guy with the orange chaps and tin hat.

That truck was parked way to close for my cutting skills ,seems like they are a tree magnet when parked that close :laugh:

That truck was parked way to close for my cutting skills ,seems like they are a tree magnet when parked that close :laugh:
not if your looking to want a new truck. i think they were more concerned about the leave trees than having it do a 180.

Back