Flue Damper ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not ask about the Yukon furnace. I asked about the Magic Heat. I was trying to learn how the Magic Heat works, I know how a Yukon works.
the flugas travels thru a secondary chamber which has a thermostat that turns the fan on when the box gets hot. MH wont blow in an EPA stove that is not overfiring & is a waste of $ unless it saves the stove from overfiring & warping.

:notrolls2:

So......... Pook admits the MH is a waste of money; does not recover heat on a regular basis and has been shown the UL certification is no longer valid.

Whew! Never thought we'd get there. :laugh:

Shari

:notrolls2:

So......... Pook admits the MH is a waste of money; does not recover heat on a regular basis and has been shown the UL certification is no longer valid.

Whew! Never thought we'd get there. :laugh:

Shari
obviously u dont understand the MH & probly nitpick your veggies as well as whatever else u decide,for whatever reasonlessness, u dislike. I see MH posts @ Hearth as well as overfiring stove concerrns. VCBurner has 1 installed on a cat stove which is the most efficient stove & still the mH runs peridically. I bet his stove wont overfire.:chatter:

Here's how one particular Magic Heat worked for a friend of mine and I.

He was running a Fisher free standing stove. He must not have been keeping a good eye on creosote build up in his chimney as one early evening he had a chimney fire that burnt a good portion of his house down.

He gave his Magic Heat to me.

A year or so later I installed the same Magic Heat on my woodstove...a Riteway Model 37 with a catalytic combustor. Most of the time the Magic Heat worked fine but on several occasions I would find about a gallon of condensate from the chimney on the floor. I kept my chimney cleaned religiously and this condensate was mostly just dirty water. The snap thermostat was working fine and would turn the Magic Heat off when the the chimney was not warm enough. I was not interested in running a 'condensing' type wood stove set up so I removed the Magic Heat device and took it to a metal recycling center.

The device I'm talking about is the exact same device Pook is talking about. The MH may work fine for Pook in his set up but I doubt he has experience with it in other wood stove set ups. He continues to suggest it's use and is suggesting it as a solution to the problem being discussed in this thread.

And, let's not forget, Pook is not burning a wood stove; he is burning a sawdust burner and has never publicly stated if he even has any 'firewood' burning experience.

Shari

And, let's not forget, Pook is not burning a wood stove; he is burning a sawdust burner and has never publicly stated if he even has any 'firewood' burning experience.

Shari
burned 1 in the past with a box stove-no prob. rented a house with 1 -no prob until tenants overheated it unplugged & warped it so it rattled but didnt burn the electronics. Never burned EPA stove with it so I'm watching results from people that actually do & not superstitious knowitalls.
Dunno the setup of LB's chimni but dirty water isnt the same as glazed creosote. Do know stoves without MH can get creosote deposits. Do know snapdisks come in different temperature ranges & maybe his was a defective snapdisk.

Thanks guys It is double wall insulated pipe aka solid pack. I thought 100 degrees at the ceiling was a little warm but I thought I would ask you guys.

I would like to thank the nameless individual for hijacking my post with an ad for some inferior product or products.

I will put a damper in and experiment with it, chimney pipe isn't that expensive, I will just make sure the homeowners insurance is paid up :hmm3grin2orange:

Jeff

Latest posts

Back