For the arborists - BIfenthrin spray questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbillypolack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have a quick question for those more familiar with pest spray and chemicals.

I've been removing woodpiles from the bases of trees on our property. The usual borers and large ant colonies were of course there, so I moved usable firewood well away from other trees or buildings.

In doing so, my 7 year old son sprayed the bases of some trees with Ortho Home Defense Max. The active ingredients are Bifenthrin in a low concentration and Zeta-Cypermethrin. He sprayed the bases of about 8 trees up about 4 inches, and some bare wood which was already compromised by the ants.

These two chemicals are listed in Talstar and Triple Crown (FMC) products, which are of course more commercial in usage.

The Ortho product is intended to be used on foundations, but I was wondering if this application would cause any concerns for the tree health, or adverse effects on the trees.

Thanks for any information,

Thanks guys. It puts my mind at ease. I didn't want to have established trees having issues with something I'm not (yet) completely familiar with.

I'll have to be more mindful of where I keep the sprays in the future.

Latest posts

Back