FS90-R review/first impressions, with pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get alot of the kombi type attachments for the FS90,110,130. They replace the trimmer head assy on the bottom where the kombi is basically 1/2 of the trimmer. Same type of concept just different.

Excellent. Any weight difference? As compared to KM130 weedeater and the FS130?

Well, if I ever get enough money and TAD, I'll get a 250R... ain't gonna happen for a while though...

The FS130R is 12.3 LBS without trimmer head and deflector, the KM130 is 10.1 LBS without the bottom 1/2 attachment. Don't really know if there is a big weight difference when outfitted complete.

Right. Thats what i was wandering though. Not that it really matters though. A few ounces or even a pound or so wont bother me. Was just curious. Thats all. thanks man!

Holy thread revival.

Well, I suppose I can post an update... after a few seasons with the 90, I still like it as much as the day I took it home. Nothing to add about the trimming; still really like the grass blade, easy to sharpen, easy on the trimmer.

I did buy the pole saw attachment and used it bit doing fence lines this winter. It actually cut faster than I expected. Very handy even with just the reach of the trimmer itself. I was surprised what I could get to. Anything that would be in my way on the tractor was no problem.

just picked up the fs90r a couple days ago and from what i can tell its definitly a step up from the fs45. ive only used it once for 20 minutes and it seems to accelerate very slowly compared to the fs45, i dont know if its because its new and needs to be ran some more or if somthing is out of adjustment. it seems to accelerate slowly at first then pick up at about 1/2 throtle and then it takes off any help would be appriciated

now i really love my fs90r!! took it back to dealer today and he adjusted the idle and low speed screw and now this thing rips:hmm3grin2orange: now i just wish the rain would stop so i can use it:msp_rolleyes:

I purchased a FS 130 last summer. It runs great. The only problem I have with it is that there is so much power, I can't bog it down enough to stop the rev limiter from kicking in! I took it back once right after I got it, thinking I had a high speed miss. The dealer tech did a minor carb tweak and just said work it harder, no need to back off the trigger!

BTW, I'm running one of those mulching blades that looks like a short lawn mower blade with ears that stick down on both ends. Got it from Bailey's and it does a fantastic job chopping stalks up so virtually no clean up.:msp_biggrin:

I purchased a FS 130 last summer. It runs great. The only problem I have with it is that there is so much power, I can't bog it down enough to stop the rev limiter from kicking in! I took it back once right after I got it, thinking I had a high speed miss. The dealer tech did a minor carb tweak and just said work it harder, no need to back off the trigger!

BTW, I'm running one of those mulching blades that looks like a short lawn mower blade with ears that stick down on both ends. Got it from Bailey's and it does a fantastic job chopping stalks up so virtually no clean up.:msp_biggrin:

Thats cool. I wander if Stihl will come back with the coupons/rebates this summer?

Back